BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW M5 E34 Convertible Prototype at BMW M GmbH

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ecZrc5186bE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YouTube - BMW M5 E34 Convertible Prototype at BMW M GmbH

It's indeed a strange sight but apparantly BMW M learned alot so they could position the M3 Convertibles correctly in the market at a later point in time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Love thes video Gustav. Great looking car IMO. Funny, I just posted this link on the M3 E9X board 2 days ago.

BmwM5Convertible - (2) | Auto Blog

My post was in response to a pretty amazing M3 E91 conversion someone did in.

"Converted from a 2007 E91 318i m-sport auto transmission.

- Donor car is an E90 M3 (and the E91 318is an mentioned)
- Fenders were custom made by combining M3 E90 wheel arch with E91 quarter panel
- Rear bumper is the M3 E90 spliced with the E91 M Sport

Just having brackets and bells made for the 6 pot BBK's for the front(yellow) and touch up paint and she's finished.!!
thx 4 lookin.."

See this link for a few pics if your interested:

!!!!!..E91 M3 V8 DCT Touring/Wagon Full Conversion..!!!!! - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

I did not post the convertible M5 link to take away from the guys project, but just that I really like well done one-offs like the two of these.

PS. Congrats on the M3 E90, welsome to the club!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks for this video Gustave.

I have read bmw article they canceled the project 1 day before the Geneva Auto show...

I think bmw did not want to compete the E34 M5 convertible with W124 300CE-24 Convertible and later with face lift E320 Convertible. Until today BMW never makes 5 series in Convertible variant ! I see no other reason no to produce this beauty...

I think If the E34 M5 Convertible was produced would be as minimum as good as the W124 300CE-24...!

The W124 300CE-24 Convertible is absolute legendary and proven car. Locking this E34 M5 convertible its absolute beast and wanted car!

Anri

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
That thing just looks so cool. I bet there would be plenty of buyers queuing up to hand over serious amounts of cash if they ever decided to sell it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gustav,
Thank you for all the nice videos from Garching!
What is that blue E34 touring next to the E34 convertible? It seems kind of special with some extension on the roof, more contrast color and very low suspension...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts