·
Registered
368 Posts
confirmed what I already thought, thanks Gustav:hihi:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're not doing 0-60 mph, those are almost useless. To 170 mph tells a much better story.

Man.. M5 Touring just ain't hitting the spot. Sedan is the only way. So much for the 0-60 in 4.3 estimates that were hitting the net months earlier. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think my shifts 1-2nd was not the best either, but you cant expect the M3 to be as fast as an M5, so I think that is just the way it should be.

Couldn't agree with you more
Were you expecting the new M3 to fair better as it lost pretty badly

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I thought the M3 would fare better... good job Gustav.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I thought the M3 would fare better... good job Gustav.
I kind of agree. With 414 bhp and approx. 200 pounds less weight, I would have thought the M3 would have been much closer in a straight line. The track will probably be a different story but the E60 M5 is truly an amazing car which continues to shine over 2 years after it's initial release. Based upon the fact that you can pick up a lightly used M5 for 65K, I would not get the M3, just my opinion.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The BMW M3 is so much more fun inthe corners but its a "sawed off" M5 engine so it is logical that it is slower.

I kind of agree. With 414 bhp and approx. 200 pounds less weight, I would have thought the M3 would have been much closer in a straight line. The track will probably be a different story but the E60 M5 is truly an amazing car which continues to shine over 2 years after it's initial release. Based upon the fact that you can pick up a lightly used M5 for 65K, I would not get the M3, just my opinion.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The last generation m3 and m5 were very close in terms of straight line speed,i kind of hoped that bmw would have done the same with the m3 v8,it should have been a 450-60 bhp m3 imo especialy for the price they want for it!.

·
Company Representative for Vivid Racing
877 Posts
I'm crushed that the M3 didn't come with more power... it still will be a great car but by no means worth more than the 62k sticker price....

·
Company Representative for Vivid Racing
877 Posts
Gustav,
No I agree. But the dealerships originally started to charge 5-15,000 over sticker at first. I think its a great car and they definitely made improvements over the last generation but like eljockvis and michael-s said another 40-50hp would of made a big difference to alot of buyers.

·
Video Guru
1,420 Posts
i kind of hoped that bmw would have done the same with the m3 v8,it should have been a 450-60 bhp m3 imo especialy for the price they want for it!.
+1
I have an E46 2005 M3 and I culdn't agree with you more
At the price range for the old M3 nothing was really faster
At the price for the new M3 you might aswell get a Z-06 or second hand M5 or nissan GTR.
Great engine but I reallythink they should've gone for more HP or make it less expensive. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
60 Posts
The only downside with the Touring is that there are no girls looking at the car. They think it is a 40+ old boring guy with 3 kids driving a slow 520 Touring.....

I think my shifts 1-2nd was not the best either, but you cant expect the M3 to be as fast as an M5, so I think that is just the way it should be.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts