BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I beleive the start was pretty even, the BMW M3 CSL is closely edging ahead in the start thanks to it's lower weight.

I (Gustav) am driving the manual BWM M3 E92 6-speed and looks liek I do a good job vs the BMW M3 CSL SMGII, since we both start on 2nd gear.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Oh man. The E92 whipped him! Proves the V8 is great for higher speeds.

·
Registered
294 Posts
:eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh::eek:oohhh: :applause::applause::applause: i want! :checkeredflag:

·
Registered
467 Posts
i'm disappointed as i expected the m3 csl to hold up better at high speeds. Also the shifts don't sound very quick.. did he forget to put it on the fastest mode?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its is the 8400 rpm limiter and V8 that is fast on the M3 V8, not the CSL.

i'm disappointed as i expected the m3 csl to hold up better at high speeds. Also the shifts don't sound very quick.. did he forget to put it on the fastest mode?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i am totally agree with you, a csl in s6 mod was faster (gear) than this car on movie...

Is the driver on the forum ?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is not, but he wil lregister. He did use S6.

The V8 of the new BMW M3 with it's 84000 rpm limiter is alot faster in the straight line that the BMW M3 CSL.

i am totally agree with you, a csl in s6 mod was faster (gear) than this car on movie...

Is the driver on the forum ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm the CSL owner/driver.

Of course I was running S6 mode, esp was off an I did run sport mode.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the CSL, the E92 was just so much quicker. It is the same csl that went quicker than M5 E39, Audi RS4 B7 in some other movies.
The CSL is quite fast, but not that fast, it's a car for the track and not a street racer in my eyes.

I hade approx 260 km/h on the clock when passing the finnish line.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Worth mentioning isalso that this race was at 4-6 degrees Celsius and that made the cars behave alot different than they did in the summer when it waa 30-35 degrees celsius.

I'm the CSL owner/driver.

Of course I was running S6 mode, esp was off an I did run sport mode.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the CSL, the E92 was just so much quicker. It is the same csl that went quicker than M5 E39, Audi RS4 B7 in some other movies.
The CSL is quite fast, but not that fast, it's a car for the track and not a street racer in my eyes.

I hade approx 260 km/h on the clock when passing the finnish line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Worth mentioning isalso that this race was at 4-6 degrees Celsius and that made the cars behave alot different than they did in the summer when it waa 30-35 degrees celsius.
The CSL however did behave the same in both events with same speed, etc. But I do agree that it looked like both RS4 and M5 E39 were quicker when the temperature was lower.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
The CDV will slow you down too. The new M3 is a serious honey of a car.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
True. My M5 was much faster when colder and I didnt think that your CSL was not affected. Maybe you're right there.

The CSL however did behave the same in both events with same speed, etc. But I do agree that it looked like both RS4 and M5 E39 were quicker when the temperature was lower.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts