BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We apologize for the delay guys, but the weather here has been horrible. Finally, the sky cleared for a few hours and we were able to sneak in a few test runs yesterday. The video is of one of our customer's M5's (aka "The Ranger Machine") with Evosport headers, ASR Gen II exhuast system, and ASR Stage III package.

Just for fun we did runs both on motor and on nitrous. Notice the run with the camera rear mounted to the bumper. That was a 165mph run in just a few short seconds.

Unfortunately, we wont be able to shoot the stock header + ASR Gen II Exhaust until next week. As soon as we have this I will post it immediately after as well.

Group buys will be posted by middle of next week on our Gen II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPWHPIcoksc

http://www.vimeo.com/1204249 HD Version

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you give prices just for the rear section? Also whats is Stage 3 725? Is this a NOS kit or something?
Sorry, but we do not sell our exhaust sections seperately. It is only sold as a complete system. This car has our Stage III nitrous package.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Just sick! If all goes as planned I will be seeing (and hearing) the Ranger machine in person next week. Until I saw this video, I was content to patiently wait until then, but now I can't. I think there should be a warning on this video that it might induce nightmares and soiled Depends in the faint of heart.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
The video is great but I will say that being there and the direct experience of being there is so much more dominant.

Regardless you guys now have a better impression of the exhaust system.
Abid put alot of work into this system and it not only sounds awesome but truly makes rwhp and torque.

You can not be meek though regarding the exhaust note. This is a balls out system.

Cheers guys,
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to let you guys know I made a mistake in regards to the headers listed on M5Ranger's car. It actually has Supersprint headers not Evosport. Not to take anything away from Evosport headers since they make a great product. The reason why the mistake was made is simply because we install so many more Evosport's than Supersprint's. Since it's been such a long while since the install, I just forgot and assumed they were Evosport. Anyway, just wanted to clear things up.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
There's more to come guys. The CAI are going to rock in their own way just like the exhaust does.
I have said before that the average M5 owner regarding performance mods would completely covered with the ECU software, CAI's and this exhaust system from ASR.
I do not want to stop driving the car. The M5 unbelieveably has become more fun to drive.
:cheers:
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
There was some apparent interest in having a video posted of the ASR Engineering Gen. II exhaust system but apparently not.
All is well that ends well.
It is a great system, dare I say the best ever designed for the M5/M6.

Good day gentlemen,

M5Ranger

·
Registered
483 Posts
wow nice car ranger ... and great exhaust from ASR!

but i think the headers have changed the real tone of the exhaust system.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Ranger....Awesome video. Hopefully this week, I will be able to drive down there and the sun will shine.:hihi:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
v8venom what is your point? Not sure I understand.
The tips do not demonstrate any appreciable length change.
M5Ranger

·
Registered
700 Posts
v8venom what is your point? Not sure I understand.
The tips do not demonstrate any appreciable length change.
M5Ranger
judging from the video posted above... looks i bit longer to me than most other exhaust tips that i've seen.
not necessarily a bad thing. just curious what they look like cold versus hot.

thanks for a reply juan...
don't know if you got my pm about a month or so ago?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
v8venom, no sir I do not recall a PM. I apologize for not responding as you may have anticipated.
Please re-PM me and I will respond.
Again sorry for any mix up.

Cheers, M5Ranger...Juan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts