BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some determination, a STRONG assistant, some 1/8" High Strength Vectran Yachting line, and about 30 minutes of analysis, and my two top springs are on. :applause::applause:Something several of the "Top Drawer" LA indies were either too lazy or unimaginative enough to do them selves as requested...:eek7:

The front spring hook has to go on first, with the spring pointing toward the front of the car hooking the spring into the little hole from the top, then rotate it around in a horizontal plane (while rotating it 180) toward the CL of the car ending up with the open end of the hook facing UP: The open end of the after hook is now on the OUTSIDE with the open end pointing down: Ready to be hooked down over the after bracket.

Next step is to get some really good HS line, tie a square knot in it, double it around on the hook, so that there are TWO loops of line on either side of the collector, One guy pulls like a bastard with both ends, stretching the spring while the other reaches over the top and pushes down to get the hook over the lilttle bar, watching and having the puller release, setting the spring...

Man I love it when a plan comes together...

Bad news/Good news Peeked in the big inspection plug on the loer front of the bell housing and saw oil, my clutch isn't slipping yet (chattering a bit) but I am pretty sure my rear main seal is on its way out...Good news i was just looking at a CNS clutch on line while easing into my Saturday AM...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not really, maybe after a few heat cycles the (NOW) symmetrical spring forces will properly align things...Maybe i should sell my piece of line to the "Pros" who couldn't manage to pull this off...

Now getting my head around doing the clutch myself...No more shops for me. I am smarter (with the aid of the board) and have better quality control.

Reactions: absolutegtr

·
Company Representative for Brecus Motorsport
773 Posts
No not really, maybe after a few heat cycles the (NOW) symmetrical spring forces will properly align things...Maybe i should sell my piece of line to the "Pros" who couldn't manage to pull this off...

Now getting my head around doing the clutch myself...No more shops for me. I am smarter (with the aid of the board) and have better quality control.
Cool. Let me know if you would like some info on our clutch. :byee55amg

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
where can i get a replacement spring from ? :grrrrr:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Reactions: LalaRay