BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything about the car is perfect. Rev's quickly and all..... but I've got a strange driveline vibration at 3k rpm in any gear; it's smooth before and after. Driveshaft something or other?

And where in N New Jersey should I take it? I've had it with my current confuse-nik.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Not feelin' those vibrations huh :grinyes: In all seriousness, chances are it is the driveshaft, possibly the flex disc going out. How many miles?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
There's a really long thread on this issue around here somewhere...

I'll throw out the suggestion of checking your oil filter and PS reservoir mounts.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Possible worn Flex disc, worn tranny mount or broken tranny mount bracket?

Motorwerks West in Wyckoff, NJ. Good Indy shop run by the owner/mechanic himself, Dave Bogert. He has a great group of mechanics working for him as well. 201 847 8877.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
only 47k
and
it also occurs in neutral....

Has to be related to engine or engine mounts or associated parts somehow? If it was on the driveshaft or guibo would happen at a certain road speed or load like when getting on the gas. Not just at 3Krpm in any gear, would be related more to road speed versus engine speed for a driveshaft vibe. Fact it happens in neutral means the drive shaft is isolated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
check out your Guibo (thick rubber flex disk mated between the driveshaft and trans) and then tell us the exact words that come out of your mouth when you see it haha
I know my grandma would be dissapointed with me :1:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im glad to see this thread. My 02 has been sitting for the better part of a year, and I finally got around to getting it out of the garage. I have the same issue...always have. I also have a vibration above 65 mph that goes away after 80 mph. All my wheels are straight and I just put new Continentals on last week. Car is going to Ultimate Autowerks in Charleston today to get sorted out. Other than that, the car started right up and runs like hell.

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
Reactions: ///DeafM5

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's a thread on the bimmer forums that has a good troubleshooting guide. Would post it here but i don't have enough post count

1 - 12 of 12 Posts