BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was the first day I got a chance to go out on a country road and let the M breath a little. However I noticed that when under full throttle in second gear that there is a vibration that comes on quite strong at around 4000 rpm. However, I don't experience the vibration when I am not at full throttle. It sounds like a rapid thumping under the rear seats? Any ideas??

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Check you exhaust - the bushings in the bracket about midway back have a habit of compressing over time and allowing the exhaust to contact the hanger. I hear mine more than feel it, but it is something to check out.

Otherwise, you might want to check your differential mounts and your guibo...

d-

·
Registered
877 Posts
Check you exhaust - the bushings in the bracket about midway back have a habit of compressing over time and allowing the exhaust to contact the hanger. I hear mine more than feel it, but it is something to check out.

Otherwise, you might want to check your differential mounts and your guibo...

d-
Where was this advice when I was experiencing similar issues :blabla:

After getting my exhaust looked at and addressing several other possibilities, my differential mounts had failed causing a vibration in the drivetrain... had to replace driveshaft and diff mounts. Good luck!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, after reading a lot of old threads it seems like it could very well be the guibo, since many others experienced similar vibrations. I plan to take it in and get all the mounts/bushings looked at once the warranty that came with my car transfers. Probably within the next 30 days.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Actually, I forgot to mention that when I got my stuff fixed my tech gave me a guibo - brand new and its just sitting in the garage. If thats the issue I'll send it up for dirty cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts