BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a customer who recently passed, he was a great guy and fellow BMW enthusiast. When he would come in with his 540iT he'd ask if we were ready to restore his 850CSi... it had been in storage over 5 years and he wanted to sell it. After he passed we were able to coordinate with his wife to have the car towed into the shop so we could go through it and get it ready for sale. It is in 10/10 condition and drives like a brand new car...

·
Registered
384 Posts
We have a customer who recently passed, he was a great guy and fellow BMW enthusiast. When he would come in with his 540iT he'd ask if we were ready to restore his 850CSi... it had been in storage over 5 years and he wanted to sell it. After he passed we were able to coordinate with his wife to have the car towed into the shop so we could go through it and get it ready for sale. It is in 10/10 condition and drives like a brand new car...
Beautiful... what is mileage, and is it a standard or an automatic?

Thanks!

-crds

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks!

-crds

6 speed and had 79k on the clock. The car is a time capsule, old Magellan GPS and an older Nakamichi deck with a CD changer. The owner was the 2nd and 4th owner of the car, it has been babied it's entire life.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Wow..very rare indeed..I've seen only one more of these in red..let's see some pics from under the hood!!

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow..very rare indeed..I've seen only one more of these in red..let's see some pics from under the hood!!

After it is completely detailed we'll post in the for sale section - the engine is a sewing machine, you can stand a nickel on it while you rev it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

Thanks!

-crds
CSI was offered only in 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Nice car.

I too wonder why the OP was banned...I haven't seen any warnings. As I recall he recently purchased an Alpine White E39 M5. Perhaps this thread was deemed commercial use of the forum?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Nice car.

I too wonder why the OP was banned...I haven't seen any warnings. As I recall he recently purchased an Alpine White E39 M5. Perhaps this thread was deemed commercial use of the forum?
That my guess.....and nothing against the OP but it sure sounded like he was hyping a potential commercial sale....

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Nice car.

That my guess.....and nothing against the OP but it sure sounded like he was hyping a potential commercial sale....
...my same thoughts. None of his other posts seem out of line... :dunno:

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
ban or not thats a sick car.

Agree with the other statements tho, put the OEM wheels on it, not feeling those at all.

I know he got banned but would love some engine bay pix yes as well as full interior pix.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Nice car.

probably right about why he got banned but I don't think it was a commercial sale. from the sound of it he is just prepping it for the seller to sell. is posing someone elses car for sale commercial business? maybe the seller isn't internet savvy and needs the help just because he is a business owner does that make anything he sells commercial?

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
He said in his OP or a follow up post that he would create a FS thread once the car was finished.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
He said in his OP or a follow up post that he would create a FS thread once the car was finished.
but that doesn't mean he is the seller of the car or that his business is selling the car. like I said the seller might not be internet savvy and he's posting it for her. IDK it just didn't seam like it was that big of a deal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts