BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Seems like a very nice and not arrogant person at all. Down to earth Danish person.

Interesting that his current favourite is the BMW Z8:
"I have to say the AMV8 - or the V8 Vantage, that's what they're calling it - is probably my favorite design, when it comes up. But it's not quite out yet, and I have to say the BMW Z8, even though it was a sort of spiritual successor to the 507 - and I still find myself really looking at that car when it drives by - and I think we were able to create a car that is really going to be timeless. And I think one of the unique things about that car is that every little detail works on the car. And there's a lot of details, there's a lot of stuff on it. But as a whole, it just all came together perfectly. And that had a lot to do with the engineers who worked on the project, but really I felt that was such a complete car, and it didn't need any extremities to work. It's very pure; it's not extremely wide or extremely low; it doesn't have any extreme, but it is a beautifully sculpted car, and I like it a lot myself. I found that successful, and that is from my era, my time. Even today I don't think I would change anything on it. "

I think they were very lucky to get that interview with him, great report.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts