BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Great aricle. I have never understood the popularity of SUV's. Unless you drive them off-road there is no rational reason to buy one. Most of them are complete crap. I get a kick out of seeing all the SUV's stuck in snow banks in the winter because the drivers think they are invincible and drive like complete morons.

I also don't think you can blame it entirely on the consumer, the auto industry does its best to promote the myth that SUV size equals safety. If you need extra room get a minivan or a station wagon.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
CEC said:
Great aricle. I have never understood the popularity of SUV's. Unless you drive them off-road there is no rational reason to buy one. Most of them are complete crap. I get a kick out of seeing all the SUV's stuck in snow banks in the winter because the drivers think they are invincible and drive like complete morons.

I also don't think you can blame it entirely on the consumer, the auto industry does its best to promote the myth that SUV size equals safety. If you need extra room get a minivan or a station wagon.

I rented a Ford Expedition whilst in Canada recently. We needed a lot of room and I thought we might take a few logging roads to explore.

Well the Expedition had 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive ( high ), 4 wheel drive ( low ) and automatic all wheel drive. My rental contract had 6 words on the exclusion clause .... for use on paved roads only :confused: At least it was relatively cheap to fill up - 100 litres for $85 Canadian ( about £37 Sterling ).

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts