BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just got on the list for that car this past Saturday. I'm #6 on the list. They told me to expect mine to be built sometime in March of next year. I hope it's everything it's cracked up to be. The new 40/60 Quattro should be a lot more fun than the 50/50 they are using now. Anyway, thanks for the commercial. :M5thumbs: I am already getting excited about the car and I'm at least a year away from getting it.

Anzir said:
Reminds me of the launch of the new RS4... big slide and ice rink at the bottom for that one..

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I thought the Quattro system is variable. It sends power to the wheel which has most grip --> not always 50/50 ?

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
ycchan said:
I thought the Quattro system is variable. It sends power to the wheel which has most grip --> not always 50/50 ?
A little OT, but older quattros had roughly a 78/22 split on the larger cars. Early ones had a locking center diff, late 80's most went to a Torsen (Torque Sensing) center diff, with an ability to lock the rear diff at low speeds. Late 90's saw EDL (electronic diff lock) replace vacuum operated locking diff. For more info, go to www.audifans.com.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
Kool video, but BMW is still overall king of the hill:M5launch:
Well, at least when it is not snowing! :haha:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
Bridgestone Blizzaks work wonders on snow and ice:)
I agree, makes the BMW a good winter car, but for serious winter driving, nothing beats quattro... lovelove
Regards,
Jerry
2 BMW's
3 Audi's
misc other toys....

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
gsfent said:
I agree, makes the BMW a good winter car, but for serious winter driving, nothing beats quattro... lovelove
Regards,
Jerry
2 BMW's
3 Audi's
misc other toys....
Agreed quattro is excellent for winter driving. But I must say choice of tires is also important in the snow even for quattro. My little brother drives an A6 4.2 sport package. The stock Z-rated tires are not good in the snow, but with the correct tires quattro is un-stoppable in the snow and ice:wroom:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts