BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little confused, I know that depending on the mods you have you should upgrade your ECU, but i was wondering if I have Powerchip software can it be reprogrammed for any Dinan mods.

For example If I have Powerchip software, can this be used with the Dinan MAF's or Velocity stacks or with the Dinan CAI.

Or if I have the Supersprint Headers with the Tubi exhaust and now I wanted to add the Dinan MAF's and Velocity stacks can I use the Dinan software.

What if I wanted to do the Dinan S2 package but wanted to omit the headers because they are $8,000 and go with the Supersprint Headers can I still use the Dinan stage 5 engine software.

Basically can we mix and match mods with ECU.

I hope you guys understand my question, had trouble trying to put it into words

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
530 Posts
Marion:

My understanding is that Powerchip (California Company, NOT Dinan) will work with any mods you have, You tell them what you have and they give you exactly that. They make software only.

Dinan, I believe, will only make software that correspsond to thier hardware. And why not, they are selling thier own headers, CAI, velocity stacks etc. So I do not think you can get Dinan software to support your suspersprint exhaust.
I may be wrong...but I am pretty sure this is how it works.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Call PowerChip. They will tell you everything you need to know. :byebye:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the info guys. I will call Powerchip.

Regards,

Marion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts