BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned back to Sunnyvale last week (I live in Dallas but my office is out here) to find the front passenger-side window broken out. The window was struck with such force that glass shrapnel was imbedded in the driver's side door panel. To make matters worse, the "courtesy" patrol at the apartment complex I stay at out here didn't notice and so the interior is also water spotted from the sprinklers in the flower beads. Net result is $6K in damage for nothing! Sure would like to have a "word" with perpetrator(s)!:mad:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Jeeeeezzz..that sucks.....I feel for you...

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
the posts below me will be

1. sorry posts
2. 'that piece of ****' posts
3. questions
4. share what they would do

i'll go with 1. sorry dude..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I just needed to vent! Nothing much that can be done now as the PD has bigger issues like writing speeding tickets!

·
Registered
2,203 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
That really sucks! Sorry that you have to experience the loss. I would be furious, too. I've had other cars I've owned vandalized and remember the sick feeling. It started going away as soon as I got the car fixed, though! I never found out who did it, but folks like that probably find themselves in even more trouble than I could imagine for them. Hope your car is all in one piece, soon!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Terrible.

I liked one of the the dialogs by TLJ's character in No country for old men, which after moaning about people in purple or blue hair on the streets of texas towns, basically goes that all of this is sure to follow, once we stop hearing sir and maam. What has the world come to when people stoop to such levels just to be hurtful.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

1. sorry posts
3. questions

A little levity to ease the pain of a bad deal. Agree, I'll go for option #1 too...

Sorry for the damage to your car, dnelon. Best of luck repairing it.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

1. sorry posts
3. questions

Option 1 first and foremost....
NOW OPTION 2.....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro! I feel your pain.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
sorry bro...what goes around comes around though...one day they will get theirs

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Let us know if you're able to have that "word". A few of us would love to help you convey your message so that its understood!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

1. sorry posts
3. questions

That pretty much covers every type of post in every thread, regardless of the topic.

Ridiculous.

Well, I'll go with one of the several that you missed:
I feel lucky that hasn't happened to me yet.

:kaffe:

·
Registered
641 Posts

1. sorry posts
3. questions

Got one more with a plus on #1. In Las Vegas a year ago someone backed into the front of my M5. It cost me $1100 to get it fixed. It happened while it was parked so I had no idea it happened till later.

Scoob

·
Moderator Emeritus
915 Posts
I'll go with a #3, a question...
Did you leave anything of value on display in the car that would have lead to the broken window or was it just mindless vandalism?

...and now I'll go with a #4:
It's been covered in other threads but a clear security film on the inside of the windows would've prevented any acess to the inside of the vehicle so the only thing you'd be paying for would be a new window and some new film. I have it on my car and don't even know it's fitted, I won't bore you with all the details but look here for some video demonstrations.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was done for fun only. I will check into the security film. Would have left this as a $700 problem instead of a $6K problem...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What did the low-life-scum go after? :confused2

Unfortunately Halo Cars like the M5 attract a lot of the wrong type of attention.

When I recently returned to my M5, which was parked in the remote end of the Dallas Galleria garage, two characters in a beater parked next to me, slid way down in their seats to avoid detection. I keep nothing of value displayed, yet suspect 5 minutes later glass would have been laying on the pavement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts