BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, Looking at the Bluetooth kits and talked with AA and most recently Eiskits.com(Randy). Have seen on other boards the problems with AA and am therefore skeptical in the least. Randy at Eiskits.com has a kit readt to ship for @$650 but uses the ULF module # 84 21 6 934 552( I believe it is !st generation). He sais this is the only module available in the states. Questions are 1) has anyone had good or bad experience w/ this module? 2) Can we get a more recent module form europe and if yes where? 3) Has Paraq at AA gotten any better or should I stay away? Many thanks Jonny

PS: I have had some correspondance with Martin

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
sampsue said:
Good morning, Looking at the Bluetooth kits and talked with AA and most recently Eiskits.com(Randy). Have seen on other boards the problems with AA and am therefore skeptical in the least. Randy at Eiskits.com has a kit readt to ship for @$650 but uses the ULF module # 84 21 6 934 552( I believe it is !st generation). He sais this is the only module available in the states. Questions are 1) has anyone had good or bad experience w/ this module? 2) Can we get a more recent module form europe and if yes where? 3) Has Paraq at AA gotten any better or should I stay away? Many thanks Jonny

PS: I have had some correspondance with Martin
First of all, avoid dealing with AA (Advanced Autovations). They don't answer the phone, and their voice mailbox is full nine out of ten times (I probably tried 20 times over the past 5 weeks). If you're lucky enough for them to answer an email, it will be after a week (my initial email took a month for them to respond). The only reliable way I've found to get them to respond is to threaten credit card company involvement.

I've been in contact with EIS several times, and they seem like a perfectly good company to deal with. Additionally, AArdvark (XRayMD) has a solution that's promised to be less costly, more compatible, and with more features, based upon a modified OEM ULF, but the release date keeps getting pushed back. Yet another option is a Parrot kit from Automotive Data Research that althopugh is not OEM, still uses the steering wheel buttons and factory wire harnesses and connectors, and is 1/2 the cost of the OEM stuff. I just ordered this Parrot kit for my 330xi.

Use of the 552 depends on the phone, even certain newer phones prefer the older 552. So it depends on the phone.

Good luck, I'll post some links in the other active bluetooth thread.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Elevens, I believe it was your thread or post that made me skeptical of AA. I've had difficulty getting in touch with them as well. I called and got Paraq ond day and was totally surprised. I think he was taken off gaurd when I stated" WOW! I finally got someone one the phone". I'll stay away. I'll email XrayMd and see if there are any updates? Thanks again Jonny

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just to let you know that I put in a retro fit BT system courtsey of a wiring loom from bimmernav.com and the ULF module # 84 106 969 268.

A module number was given to me by bimmernav as the most recent but then BMW gave me the above number as being for my chasis number even though it was them that said they/I could not put in a BT system.

Wiring loom $350 + $25 p&p (bimmernav.com)
BMW ULF module £300 (probably USD 300 ??? despite 1.8 conversion £/$)
BMW ULF bracket £12 ($12??)
Phone holder £20 (new but private purchase)
Nokia 6310 re programming £10 (Nokia supplier)

I have no idea how this compares to those other companies you mention but I should add that the system incorporates the steering wheel button and all the usual features of the modern day BMW BT car fits. Superb.

I should add thatI already had a Motorola 8700 system in place.

Pip :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks PIP, I have talked with Martin from BimmerNav via email and I was under the impression that he does not supply that loom anymore. Maybe I'm wrong! I'd wrather support another board member so I PM'd XrayMD and emailed the company. I'll post more after I get a chance to talk to them. Mant thanks Jonny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts