BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tryied out the Velocity stacks form DA? Just wondering how they stand up to the Dinan set-up. Considerable price diffrence... I know there is allot more you get with Dinan (throttle bodies etc...), but just currious if anyone has tryied them out and if they are happy with what they got? Sound ? preformance? Also are headers nessesary or just recomended? Any insight would be appreciated.

Shawn

01 T.Silver 41miles
03 White Denali

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I saw the set in the classified, and was tempted, but there are no dyno sheets/hp claims anywhere.

shorter velocity stacks should move the power band up higher in the rev range, however, these are real short, so you'd probably lose a lot of low-mid power, for some high rpm gains.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a bunch more reaserch and that seems to be the case. There are a few people that still seem to think that they will give a real power increase, but no one seems to have any proof or dyno's. Only what it "feels like" when driving. It would be nice if someone had some Dyno proof on what kind of preformance change can be expected, and which kit would be the best?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts