BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you decipher code to determine build week?

my dealer claims week 41 while pointing out a number on the top right mixed with some other code on the VIR they handed me.... is this a correct assumption or do I need to bust out the enigma decoder? what does "C - 41 - 85200" really mean? hut hut hike!

·
Registered
174 Posts
masmole said:
how do you decipher code to determine build week?

my dealer claims week 41 while pointing out a number on the top right mixed with some other code on the VIR they handed me.... is this a correct assumption or do I need to bust out the enigma decoder? what does "C - 41 - 85200" really mean? hut hut hike!

I doubt week 41. A copy of the Vehicle Inquiry for my car has the number "A-22-xxxxx". I would however like to think my car was built in week 22!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That 41 doesn't have anything to do with the production week. In the online ordering system, your dealer can print a page called "Vehicle Inquiry: Status" that shows production month (req. and conf.).

·
Registered
537 Posts
am i the only M5 buyer who dindt go for the rear spoiler deletion.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
hal2000 said:
am i the only M5 buyer who dindt go for the rear spoiler deletion.
Not at all. I kept the spoiler too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep I axed the spoiler. I thought about keeping it and then just removing it myself after I take delivery and offer it to someone who wants it on their E60 but I decided not to bother. With my luck, I'd probably scratch up the clearcoat during its removal.

Now since the "41" at the top right of my vehicle inquiry report doesn't mean my build week, I got worried and decided to call BMW customer relations... they could not tell me a specific build week either but they did say that my car's production is at stage where options can no longer be changed. I guess that's good news. So going by that report, my build week could very well be 41 (as my dealer claims) if not even sooner? To those with build week 41 or earlier, when was the point of no return in terms of colors and specs for your cars?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hal2000 said:
approx 2 weeks before the build week
Well that makes sense then. 2 weeks from now would put us in build week 40 or 41. Hooray for beer!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
masmole said:
yep I axed the spoiler. I thought about keeping it and then just removing it myself after I take delivery and offer it to someone who wants it on their E60 but I decided not to bother. With my luck, I'd probably scratch up the clearcoat during its removal.

Now since the "41" at the top right of my vehicle inquiry report doesn't mean my build week, I got worried and decided to call BMW customer relations... they could not tell me a specific build week either but they did say that my car's production is at stage where options can no longer be changed. I guess that's good news. So going by that report, my build week could very well be 41 (as my dealer claims) if not even sooner? To those with build week 41 or earlier, when was the point of no return in terms of colors and specs for your cars?
That makes no sense to me. When I called BMW about a car in status 112 (week 37 build), they were able to tell me the requested build week and the confirmed build week, and the dealer was able to make changes to the order. My experience with calling BMW is some of the customer service reps know what they're doing and others BS their way through, until you catch them saying something you know is wrong...and then they back pedal--this happened to me twice. I'd suggest going to the dealer, have them pull up the car on their system with you sitting there, and have them pull up the "Vehicle Inquiry: Status" report which will show you the production week, and I'll bet they'll be able to make whatever changes you want.

·
Registered
907 Posts
The "41" refers to the BMW sales region in which you are located. The "85200" refers to your dealer's official BMW dealer number. For example, My car is A-23-10736, which means area 23-west coast Florida and Fields BMW/Lakeland is dealer number 10736.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but since week number 41 starts October 2 and you are only in 111, you won't be week 41 production. My guess is your car will be produced around week 45 or 46 or early November. You should have your car before Christmas.

MJ

'06 Silver Gray/Black full perf Merino/Walnut
Waiting for the boat

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MJ said:
The "41" refers to the BMW sales region in which you are located. The "85200" refers to your dealer's official BMW dealer number. For example, My car is A-23-10736, which means area 23-west coast Florida and Fields BMW/Lakeland is dealer number 10736.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but since week number 41 starts October 2 and you are only in 111, you won't be week 41 production. My guess is your car will be produced around week 45 or 46 or early November. You should have your car before Christmas.

MJ

'06 Silver Gray/Black full perf Merino/Walnut
Waiting for the boat
Thanks for the info on what the numbers mean. However, that printout was from 2 weeks ago. Supposedly, I went to 112 last week but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what build week. From the info I've been reading on some of these threads, it looks like I'm anywhere between build week 40 to 42 since my car's specs can no longer be changed according to BMW customer relations I spoke to earlier, which means my car is well into 112 if not beyond.

·
Registered
158 Posts
m_five said:
That 41 doesn't have anything to do with the production week. In the online ordering system, your dealer can print a page called "Vehicle Inquiry: Status" that shows production month (req. and conf.).
Here are my dates from my "Vehicle Inquiry: Status" page:

Req. Prod: 2005/10/43
Sub. Req. Prod.: 2005/10/40
Conf. Prod: 2005/10/40

Est. Prod. Date: blank
Act. Prod. Date: blank

And I was status 112 on 9/19 at 4:25:27

Supposedly, I am week 41, does it look like I am actually week 40, or week 43?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
masmole said:
Thanks for the info on what the numbers mean. However, that printout was from 2 weeks ago. Supposedly, I went to 112 last week but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what build week. From the info I've been reading on some of these threads, it looks like I'm anywhere between build week 40 to 42 since my car's specs can no longer be changed according to BMW customer relations I spoke to earlier, which means my car is well into 112 if not beyond.
I learned today that mine is scheduled for Week 42 production, which I was told is the week of October 16. I also was told that I am not to status 112 yet, so I still have time to change the specifications for approximately another couple of weeks.

If you have not already done so, I highly recommend calling BMW NA Customer Relations at (800) 831-1117. They were very helpful and provided a lot of useful information, including estimated lengths of time for production, transport, etc.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
paule said:
Here are my dates from my "Vehicle Inquiry: Status" page:

Req. Prod: 2005/10/43
Sub. Req. Prod.: 2005/10/40
Conf. Prod: 2005/10/40

Est. Prod. Date: blank
Act. Prod. Date: blank

And I was status 112 on 9/19 at 4:25:27

Supposedly, I am week 41, does it look like I am actually week 40, or week 43?
From the above, the requested production was week 43; subsequent requested production was week 40; and confirmed production is week 40.

·
Registered
158 Posts
m_five said:
From the above, the requested production was week 43; subsequent requested production was week 40; and confirmed production is week 40.
Ok, that's what I thought. Good news, I guess I need to change my signature :flag:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
paule said:
Ok, that's what I thought. Good news, I guess I need to change my signature :flag:
For you guys that are getting your cars around week 40 at MSRP, when did you put down your deposit?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts