BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
How to clear it without going to a dealer?...thanks in advance.
Forgot the exact steps, but you gotta change the date for that check to like 2099 or something. Some really late date.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
-Sit in driver's seat
-Close all doors and buckle driver seat belt
-Turn on ignition where all components are on, but don't start the engine
-Wait till next service due and picture of car go away in cluster
-Press and hold trip odometer button for appox. 5 seconds, triangle will then appear and closest service will pop up. Release trip odometer button
-Select desired service by quickly pressing trip odometer button (vehicle check should popup first since it is overdue)
-Press trip odometer button again for 4-5 seconds till "reset?" pops up. Release trip odometer button
-Press trip odometer button again and hold for 4-5 seconds till desired service resets
-Shut off car and restart to confirm desired service is reset.

This is how we reset most of the indicators at work, but be careful when going through there not to accidentally reset anything else. You cycle through all the services once in the service screen by pressing the trip button quickly.

Reactions: Skills

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
double post stupid website

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
-Sit in driver's seat
-Press and hold trip odometer button for appox. 5 seconds, triangle will then appear and closest service will pop up. Release trip odometer button
-Select desired service by quickly pressing trip odometer button (vehicle check should popup first since it is overdue)
-Press trip odometer button again for 4-5 seconds till "reset?" pops up. Release trip odometer button
-Press trip odometer button again and hold for 4-5 seconds till desired service resets

This is how we reset most of the indicators at work, but be careful when going through there not to accidentally reset anything else. You cycle through all the services once in the service screen by pressing the trip button quickly.
Isaac...I remember it being a lot easier than that. I called my SA and I did it in like 3 steps. Just had to change my Vehicle Check date to some really far away year because that check is only required for Europe (unless I'm thinking of something else...)

EDIT. It was state inspection I was thinking of. My bad.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Isaac...I remember it being a lot easier than that. I called my SA and I did it in like 3 steps. Just had to change my Vehicle Check date to some really far away year because that check is only required for Europe (unless I'm thinking of something else...)
Thats only for state inspection

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just did it the other day. Go to that screen , highlight that line. Press controller down. The date that the service required will come up. It will be the present month. Just change date to next year in the same month. It is a reminder just like the yearly state inspection/emissions reminder. It just like setting the time/date for the clock. :hihi:

·
Registered
393 Posts
-Sit in driver's seat

+1

I don't think you have to buckle the seatbelt though, the doors have to be closed. Here's a video showing the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZHeDh_hXLo

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
+1

I don't think you have to buckle the seatbelt though, the doors have to be closed. Here's a video showing the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZHeDh_hXLo
I just make it a habit of buckling the seatbelt because on some other models it can be picky. As for updating keys with current services you must buckle the seatbelt.

Just did it the other day. Go to that screen , highlight that line. Press controller down. The date that the service required will come up. It will be the present month. Just change date to next year in the same month. It is a reminder just like the yearly state inspection/emissions reminder. It just like setting the time/date for the clock. :hihi:
You can't do that for a vehicle check that's only for emissions testing/state inspection where you can change the date that easy.

Reactions: bmwm3nyc

·
Registered
759 Posts
In case you're wondering, this is what the Warranty/Service booklet says about the Vehicle Check (pages 8-9). No reason you can't do it and reset the CBS notification yourself.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts