BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK - it's not strictly a competitor, but Vauxhall are currently doing 3 days test drives of their cars. All you need to do is phone up your local garage - or see www.offers.vauxhall.co.uk

I got excited at the chance of getting a (Holden) Monaro, or a VX 220 (Opel Speedster). Alas, each garage is only allocated certain cars, and I managed to secure an Astra Sport diesel (which doesn't look too bad). My friend is also getting a car at the same time - but he only managed to get the base model 1.4 ;)

Whilst it won't be "quite" as fast as my E39, I have always found something appealing about driving hire cars, but this is even better, a hire car for free.

3 days - that's enough time to get a ferry and go to the Nurburgring. A petrol v diesel challenge. Oh yes!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Sounds like a great idea but I would check:

1. Is there a mileage limit?

2. Can you actually take them out of the country?

3. When you return the car will the salesmen let you just walk away or will they give you 12 hours of the hard sell?

Like you said I don't think there is much chance of people getting V8 Monaro's and VX220 Turbos. More than likely be 1 litre Corsas.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.

Not sure about points 1 and 2 - I didn;t mention the Nurburgring idea to the salesman.

As for point 3, I doubt they will igve a hard sell - but if they do - the "I have just bought another car" routine always works.

We could arrange for some members to simultaneously get cars, and then have a Ring meet - a one make series!

·
Registered
208 Posts
lol :) there is a mileage limit in belgium, 1000 kilometers, and we, as belgians, can only go in belgium and luxembourg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts