BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came to order the o rings and gaskets this morning from the dealers and was shocked at the price of these.
I was quoted £86 for them parts numbers are:-11367830829x8, 11367830828x8 and 11361406838x2.

Is there any where else you can get these parts in the U.K for cheaper?

·
Registered
318 Posts
The usual suspects - Cotswold BMW will give a discount of 10% and free postage, BMminiparts a similar discount (slightly better) but plus postage. Mr Vanos in the UK does the full kit for about £70 using Viton seals; I know there's been some discussion as to whether these are on a par with the BMW items (which are D-shaped cross-section).

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
As said above, the D shape x section is key here.

I know you can use "upgraded" viton rings and don't doubt their properties are probably suited more longevity wise than the regular ones.

However, given that the regular supplied ones last well in excess of even 50k, i'd be weighing up whats also cheaper as well as suitable.

If the viton seals you can get are guaranteed by their supplier o be leak free and are cheaper, by all means go for that. In the end, becasue i wouldn't be (hopefully) changing these out again i opted for dealer supplied ones, purely from a shape perspective.

If i could find like for like replacements at a shop that supplied o rings, i'd no doubt get them much cheaper from there, but its all a time perspective.

Cheers

Jamie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts