BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this peake code: VANOS pressure storage valve
(AC)? Reset it a few times and it keeps coming back and a thread search did not reveal much. Any ideas?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It almost sounds like you have an issue with your Oil Pressure Accumulator. Have you noticed an increase in sound within your vanos units?

Part #13.

RealOEM.com BMW E39 M5 VANOS CYLINDER HEAD MOUNTING PARTS

Not really and there hasn't been any real change in performance either. Strange? To add some additional details, it is a 2003 with 68K and the code does not trigger the SES light, just a "soft" code (if I'm using the term correctly). Thanks again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you have the unit they are talking about on your car.

swing by if you want to try my spare unit.
Thanks again tradin1...

Yesterday we switched out the unit for another one and still got the soft code AC. Code appeared instantly. Anyone else have any ideas what could be the problem?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Check the wiring,have seen them sometimes break as well.

Also,disconnect it,clear the codes and see if the same error code comes instantly back...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Check the wiring,have seen them sometimes break as well.

Also,disconnect it,clear the codes and see if the same error code comes instantly back...
wiring looked fine, didnt actually check for continuity though.

the code was instant, even after resets.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
wiring looked fine, didnt actually check for continuity though.

the code was instant, even after resets.
Also disconnected threw the same code?

The brown black wire should be ground,the red-violet one goes into the ECU,module 2,pin 8...

So check ground and the wire from the ECU...

Was lately the ECU software changed?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I think what Raiku is getting at, is if you disconnect the wiring/plug and get only the same code, you can definately say its part of the accumulator system/wiring.

If you disconnect and get 2 codes on a restart then that would point at something else which is the issue, as the "new" code would be because of the accumulator not working/being connected

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also disconnected threw the same code?

The brown black wire should be ground,the red-violet one goes into the ECU,module 2,pin 8...

So check ground and the wire from the ECU...

Was lately the ECU software changed?
No change recently. I had Dinan stage 4 done back in April 2010. We did not disconnect it then check for codes, so I'll try that next.

I think what Raiku is getting at, is if you disconnect the wiring/plug and get only the same code, you can definately say its part of the accumulator system/wiring.

If you disconnect and get 2 codes on a restart then that would point at something else which is the issue, as the "new" code would be because of the accumulator not working/being connected

Thanks guys for the input. Will do!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts