BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME, I AM TRYING TO CONVINCE MY BMW DEALER THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE VANOS OM MY 2000 M5. AT IDLE A DIESEL LIKE NOISE IS VERY DISTINCT AND IS EXTREMELY SO WHEN THE ENGINE HAS WARMED.IT FIRST BECAME NOTICEABLE AT 100 MILES, BUT NOW GETTING MUCH LOUDER HAVING COVERED 1350 MILES. TO CONVINCE THE DEALER, AND I HAVE ALREADY TOLD THEM THAT A REPAIR KIT DOES EXIST, THE HEAD TECHNICIAN WANTS FURTHER INFO. I TOLD HIM THAT OTHER M5 OWNERS WHO HAVE ALREADY POSTED THE SAME PROBLEM TO THIS DISCUSSION FORUM, AND HAVE HAD THE REPAIR KITS FITTED, HAVE SEEN A NOTICEABLE CURE. ALL I REQUIRE IS A CONTACT NAME/TECHNICIAN AT ANY BMW DEALER/FRANCHISE WHO HAS HAD EXPERIENCE WITH FITTING A VANOS REPAIR KIT. PLEASE EMAIL ME.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.

FINALLY, WHY ARE BMW HUSH HUSH AND COY ABOUT THIS PROBLEM??????

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've got a British client who does that too. Must be something in the water.
Originally posted by bobafett:
More importantly: what's wrong with your Caps Lock button? :-D

--Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
in my quest to find out the sight diesel sound some m5 are hearing and after being told by my bmw mec. that it was norm.then being told on this mess. bor.that my mech. didnt know what he was taking about i went to three m5 owners and listened to each car they all sound the same..they all have the diesel sound.could it be all these cars have vanos prom.engine prom.that the guys at bmw are all lying... for one last time i am taking my car to friend at bmw in ct.later this week to have him look at the car.by the my my car runs flawless..

·
Registered
11 Posts
please understand that the diesel sound if that what we all want to call it..is very,very,low a idle..please would everybody on the mess. bor.check with people in the know about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts