BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,990 Posts
Got a used VANOS on ebay for $400 and car is in the shop now getting it put in along with an oil change...fingers crossed it works as good as it's supposed too.

· Registered
96 Posts
Hey Chris,
Here are the special tools
11 7 130
12 6 050
12 6 410
12 6 411

Jeff gave me written directions and I could fax you those direction with the tool numbers listed here. Just pm me your fax number and I will give you a copy. Jeff was really cool to send all this stuff to me.
James, thanks for the help. I have the TIS documentation and some of the tools, just trying to find those last couple of tools for the M5. My local dealer's prices are insane.

· Premium Member
13,677 Posts
Here are the special tools
11 7 130
12 6 050
12 6 410
12 6 411

Chirs, Jeff gave me written directions and I could fax you those direction with the tool numbers listed here. Just pm me your fax number and I will give you a copy. Jeff was really cool to send all this stuff to me.

James
Those #s arent in any parts catalogs. I know they have 7 and 11 digit #s, but I cant find them

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did you check w/ Jason @

www.getbmwparts.com

That's where I got the tools. I ended up selling the tools to someone on the board.

Good luck.

Jeff

· Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Evan should be able to hook you up with the correct tools. Good luck.

Jeff

· Registered
943 Posts
E55AMG2,

If you need to borrow the tools I can ship them to you to use. The last person on here borrowed them from me (Dragonfly) and it worked out great, he actually made a few parts to assist with my little "Vanos Kit." So pm me if you want to do this, all you will have to do is pay for shipping and give me your phone number and address so we can chat in person.

James

· Registered
943 Posts
Ok, no problem did not know that you work on Bimmers for a living.....just offering I was the one who purchased them from Jeff, so this thread popped up in my email. Good luck with your purchase.

James

· Registered
2002 M5
69 Posts
Looking to borrow or rent tools for S62 VANOS repair

E55AMG2,

If you need to borrow the tools I can ship them to you to use. The last person on here borrowed them from me (Dragonfly) and it worked out great, he actually made a few parts to assist with my little "Vanos Kit." So pm me if you want to do this, all you will have to do is pay for shipping and give me your phone number and address so we can chat in person.

James
James, or anyone - if you have the special tools, I'd be interested in borrowing or renting them. My M5 died yesterday due to a blown VANOS o-ring and I need my beast back!

Thanks,

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.