BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

VANOS-NEW S62 Fitment and Special Tools

4379 Views 31 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  AlteredZ
Units Installed on new motor but ZERO miles. Motor was sold without VANOS units. Have right and left. Solenoids NOT included. Special tools are from BMW (Only used once). Allow proper removal/install of VANOS yourself. I've done it so can assist buyer. I also have the Tis w/ step by step instructions.

$2700 + ship for both sides (over $4k new from the dealer)
$350 + ship for special tools

Add 3% if using paypal. I am paypal verified.

Jeff
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Sorry for the bump, but I am looking for the vanos tools that were listed here. Do you have part numbers for them?

jimmythefish - If you are looking to sell the tools (and possibly your old vanos units?) when you are done with them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

· Registered
96 Posts
Hey Chris,
Here are the special tools
11 7 130
12 6 050
12 6 410
12 6 411

Jeff gave me written directions and I could fax you those direction with the tool numbers listed here. Just pm me your fax number and I will give you a copy. Jeff was really cool to send all this stuff to me.
James, thanks for the help. I have the TIS documentation and some of the tools, just trying to find those last couple of tools for the M5. My local dealer's prices are insane.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.