BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Units Installed on new motor but ZERO miles. Motor was sold without VANOS units. Have right and left. Solenoids NOT included. Special tools are from BMW (Only used once). Allow proper removal/install of VANOS yourself. I've done it so can assist buyer. I also have the Tis w/ step by step instructions.

$2700 + ship for both sides (over $4k new from the dealer)
$350 + ship for special tools

Add 3% if using paypal. I am paypal verified.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
How much are the special tools new, and where did you get them?

I don't need them at the moment, but it would be nice to know where to get them in the future.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Special tools can be sourced from any BMW dealer..part #s are in the Tis. They run $400 new. I would consider renting these out w/ a deposit on it if anyone is interested. It's silly to own these long term since it is specific for this job/car. You also need a medium powered air compressor to work w/ the tools.

Jeff

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:)Still Available

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
VANOS Reduced $2200 + ship both sides (about 50% off the Dealer)...NO solenoids.cherrsagai
Again, these have zero miles on them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still available :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Would you accept $1100 for just one VANOS unit?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still available...don't want to separate units unless I have a buyer for each side at the same time. Again, these have ZERO miles on them.

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I wish I had the money to buy them too, I actually am carless right now due to a bad vanos. How bout monthly payments??...haha just kidding, I know that wouldn't be appropriate.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I had the money to buy them too, I actually am carless right now due to a bad vanos. How bout monthly payments??...haha just kidding, I know that wouldn't be appropriate.

Save a ton of $$ and install it yourself with these tools...not very hard at all. :)

Jeff

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
$2500 is a lot more tha I have right now :(

Thanks though

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sale Pending:)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOLD:cheers:Tools and VANOS!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thanks Jeff

I just wanted to close out this thread with a huge thanks to Jeff. A stand up guy and very responsive and honest about the sale. So if he has something for sale rest assure he will deliver!!

Thanks Jeff,

James

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry for the bump, but I am looking for the vanos tools that were listed here. Do you have part numbers for them?

jimmythefish - If you are looking to sell the tools (and possibly your old vanos units?) when you are done with them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
877 Posts
I will get the part numbers to you

Hey Chris,

I will get the part numbers for you tomorrow of the tools, I bought the vanos units as a spare....sounds crazy but true. I will keep my originals vanos units in the car for now and keep the other ones packed away. Give me a day and I will get the numbers you need.

James

·
Registered
877 Posts
numbers

Here are the special tools
11 7 130
12 6 050
12 6 410
12 6 411

Chirs, Jeff gave me written directions and I could fax you those direction with the tool numbers listed here. Just pm me your fax number and I will give you a copy. Jeff was really cool to send all this stuff to me.

James

1 - 20 of 32 Posts