BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get quality vanos solenoids that will last. I saw a few people with on here talking about the ones from sophie, but they don't seem to be very good. And i also would like to not pay $1800 for new ones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want new OE it's cheaper to buy the entire VANOS system for each bank than the solenoids alone. I'm running the Sophie 2 because I can't stomach the cost and they're working just fine a couple of months in. At the price difference I couldn't see justifying not giving them a try, even if you only get a year or two more in the long run. Replacement was only murder because of the two rear screws on the left bank, be prepared to make a tool to get to these. I sawed an Allen off at the right length and then used a dremel to **** into it so I could put a piece of metal in and turn, not elegant, but worked after scratching my head for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might try out the sophie 2 solenoids. Where do you buy them at?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
I replaced one of mine with the Sophie 2 and its working great. I think its a safe bet and the price has come down:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts