BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, due to problems with vanos pumps my manufacturer agreed to do bearings for me, but i need good vanos pump bearing for measurements.

Will take measurements and will send u back, person can be money rewarded or beer or 50% discount on product.
Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello kutila,

I have a VANOS pump out of engine and within the next week or two will have a second pump. I am interested in knowing "how to know" if pump is good, bad, ugly?

Willing to investigate/talk, but as I view this post is 2 years old.

Mr. P

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello kutila,

I have a VANOS pump out of engine and within the next week or two will have a second pump. I am interested in knowing "how to know" if pump is good, bad, ugly?

Willing to investigate/talk, but as I view this post is 2 years old.

Mr. P
I am still watching my topics))
If you are willing to take apart vanos pump, than you will know for 100% if it is good or not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello kutila,

Definitely willing to disassembly pump. I have my second engine on stand and should be completely torn down by the end of this week.

I would like to compare pumps to see if I am lucky and have one that has been replaced. Is there a way to know? p/n? Someone also mention profile of gear tooth?

Either way, I now have TWO pumps and want to "dig in" and learn.

Thank you for the response and please advise!

NOTE: Pic shows engine 1 block to lower left.....bores are bad on #8 and #10, considering sending out for service.

Mr. P

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts