BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope there are someone who can help me. Get very worried now.
Engine lamp started to light up and are recieving error codes of Catalytic converter bank 1&2 problem and low oil pressure in Vanos. Deleted the codes and updated the software to see if that could affect it, but after approx 200 miles it came up again.:(
First question is, does these three error code have any relation to each other? Can the catalytic converters affect the vanos?
Had the exhaust values tested and they are good and feels very unlikely that both cats will break at the same time?
But then I think about if it can be something with the vanos? Can that affect the cats?
Is it always the vanos that causes the error code for low oil pressure or can it be the oil pump?
Car is a e60 m5 with 13k miles.

Both vanos and cats are very expensive so really hope someone can come with a easy way of testing what it really is....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
977 Posts
I had same problem turned out to be the alternator, the cars system and sensors go haywire making bogus warnings due to inconsistent voltage readings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This could make sense.
My left indicator actually was showing failure after I deleted the error codes last time, and when I was driving the check engine light came up and when I pulled over the indicator worked again...

So perhaps I should try changing that at first? Definitely easier and cheaper....
Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just spoken to my mechanic and he feels it unlikely since he mean then other error messages also would be registrered.
Did you only have these three error codes or you also had other error codes?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I had 4 wheel sensors, abs, vanos, both cat sensors and dsc come up as faults over 2 weeks... Looked into it later with electric current surges and came out to be alternator. My drive went blank and my dash tacho shutdown then turned on again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so some more errors then, but can always make the test. But did your light turn off sometimes as well? Have seen some threads there the light has turned on and off from time to time, mine keeps lightened when it once has started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts