BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got four front-sized Style 65 wheels I'm considering selling. These are the fronts from two sets of wheels; the rears are on my car. I had planned to keep them and possibly use for winter tires but the fact is that it's very unlikely my car will see any use in bad winter weather, and I can use the space in my (cramped) shed...

All wheels are original OEM BMW wheels, no reps. Two are gloss black powdercoat, two are original shadow chrome but not in the best shape. All are straight and true, it's just finish wear and minimal curbage (if any, I need to look). No tires.

Shooting completely from the hip, I was thinking $500 plus shipping, but I'd be grateful for input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you're going to Timmayfest, you could potentially bring them along and sell them there. Save on shipping, and give someone the opportunity to see them in person. As far as price, considering they would need to be refinished, that seems fair but I am not the best judge for selling OEM wheels.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to sell locally if possible (assuming I go ahead with the sale); Timmayfest is out, unfortunately I can't attend, which is sad since it's right up the road :(

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
I don't have an answer for you, since it really depends on condition which would be shown through some high resolution pictures. The current BMWNA MSRP for the front wheel, P/N 36112228950, is $678.32, and BMW Morristown's online parts site prices them at $485. Hence that is the best price you can get on a brand new front wheel, $485. If the wheel was essentially in like new condition, I would expect it could sell for about 80% of that price, or $388, say $375. Hence perhaps subtract from $375 based on condition. The black powdercoated ones I have no idea how to price. The other two, if they are rashed/curbed, pricing in some portion of repair makes sense depending on how bad they are. That's all I got...good luck!

·
Registered
12,923 Posts
I'd love to sell locally if possible (assuming I go ahead with the sale); Timmayfest is out, unfortunately I can't attend, which is sad since it's right up the road :(
The market will ultimately determine price. Fronts are in less demand than rears, but new fronts go for something around $600 last time i checked (they may be going for less today). At $125 a wheel, and $150 to refurbish, you have a virtually new wheel for about 1/2 price. Not a bad deal at all!

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
The market will ultimately determine price. Fronts are in less demand than rears, but new fronts go for something around $600 last time i checked (they may be going for less today). At $125 a wheel, and $150 to refurbish, you have a virtually new wheel for about 1/2 price. Not a bad deal at all!

Regards,
Jerry
Spot on advice.

Unfortunately people looking for a 'winter tire set' probably want a semi matched set that doesnt need refinishing. OPs will need paint to be used.

Also, September/October is a better time to sell these. :) Bide your time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts