BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who have provided info on installation solutions for the Valentine One...very helpful and made this install a snap, except for the ashtray wrestling match.

Where have you installed your Valentine One Remote Audio Adapter? Pics please.

I have removed the dash panels and center console looking for a suitable location to hide the remote box. Also removed the case to try to locate just the circuit board, but nothing appears to be a good solution. I've looked at the blank switch cover next to the fog light switch, and considered mounting it in the seat control panel, but that appears to be a can of worms from threads I've read. I currently have it temporarily mounted next to the e-brake until I can figure out a better location. Any thoughts/ideas are welcomed and appreciated.

The main unit is installed in the rear center head rest. I'd post a pic, but you all know what a headrest looks like. The orange glow under the TEC cup holder is the led light that used to be housed in the ashtray.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
nice install, not sure I like the location of the display for visibility reasons but I do like the stealthness of the location.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Stealth one is THE way to go, display comes up on the dash and on the Nav Screen in BIG font that you can actually see...It also gives you the option of deactivating the system below a set speed...

StealthOne.biz - New home of the StealthOne

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you both in that the ashtray location is a compromise, but I wanted total stealth. If a LEO sees any evidence of radar in the car, it's usually an immediate ticket vs a possible warning. Still looking for better mounting locations for both the remote display and remote audio adapter, but until then this will have to do.

Does anyone know if Valentine offers additional accessories to custom mount their products? An extended power/volume knob would be helpful as it would allow you to mount the cases behind a mounting surface with the knob sticking out further than stock. I imagine that the metal rotary shaft that volume knob mounts to is a standard item. Maybe there are replacement knobs available in taller sizes...will start searching.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have my Valentine installed in my headliner with display integrated into rear view mirror (radar-mirror.com) with remote Audio switch in ash tray. Yesterday had state trooper pull up behind me and couldn't see a thing.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
In Virginia you really need to hide everything!!

Please post a picture of the unit in the rear center head rest/explain how you installed it.

I have a Stealth One and Valentine I am getting ready to install. I have the M Audio with DSP and as I recall there are no speakers near the door handles on the front door, so I may install a speaker in the drivers door and use it for the V1 audio??

·
Registered
275 Posts

Please post a picture of the unit in the rear center head rest/explain how you installed it.

I have a Stealth One and Valentine I am getting ready to install. I have the M Audio with DSP and as I recall there are no speakers near the door handles on the front door, so I may install a speaker in the drivers door and use it for the V1 audio??
Yes you do, that's why I went with the remote Audio switch as well, mounted in ash tray. Easy volume/mute control and on/off switch. I was able to install the detector into the headliner about the passenger sun visor.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yes you do, that's why I went with the remote Audio switch as well, mounted in ash tray. Easy volume/mute control and on/off switch. I was able to install the detector into the headliner about the passenger sun visor.
any pics? also isn't it a tight fit in there and how's the signal strength?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

if you are in VA even if you stealth mount the detector they will still know you have one if they have an RDD. you need an STi or Redline or one of the undetectable remotes STi-R+ or 9500ci

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Appreciate your suggestions, however, already have the gear, just need to install. I will take my chances on someone having a RDD.

Seems that they probably are not going to spend too much time on that and would just rather get the income from speeding tickets!

·
Registered
275 Posts
if you are in VA even if you stealth mount the detector they will still know you have one if they have an RDD. you need an STi or Redline or one of the undetectable remotes STi-R+ or 9500ci
It is not cost effective for RDDs to be in every State Trooper patrol car at over $2,500.00 each.

·
Registered
275 Posts
any pics? also isn't it a tight fit in there and how's the signal strength?
I didn't snap any pics when I installed. I removed the Sunvisor, lowered the headliner enough to position the V1 and replaced the Sunvisor. Signal strength seems to be good for front and rear signals as it has already saved me a few times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts