BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, sorry I've been away from the board for a while...car's been garaged all winter, and after the clutch fiasco with BMW...anyway, she's out of storage, and back in action!! :15:

Just wanted to see if anyone with a V1 has noticed that the laser alarm goes off when there are vehicles with laser guided cruise control nearby?? I've had this happen on more than one occasion when there was an Infiniti FX behind me, and some other type of car approaching. Or am I imagining things?? ouich

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No you are not mistaken. My wife has an FX 45, and if she follows me my V1 goes crazy, even if the cruise is turned off. I've used my V1 in the FX, and it goes off in regular intervals. And a lot more cars will have this laser system shortly.

lsdvm said:
Hey all, sorry I've been away from the board for a while...car's been garaged all winter, and after the clutch fiasco with BMW...anyway, she's out of storage, and back in action!! :15:

Just wanted to see if anyone with a V1 has noticed that the laser alarm goes off when there are vehicles with laser guided cruise control nearby?? I've had this happen on more than one occasion when there was an Infiniti FX behind me, and some other type of car approaching. Or am I imagining things?? ouich

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ah, and now some of the wierdness with my V1 starts to make sense. I wonder if this is something they can tune in software...

Ben

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I thought there was something in the tail lights of some of the newer cars (GM SUV's?) that also caused the V1 to go off.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
What about Lidatek?

Hmmmm. Lidatek has been much better - perfect, in fact - at not falsing. But the other day my wife said her Lidatek alarm cycled for about a 5 mile stretch. When she explained what happened, I figured it must be broke/ But it's been fine, ever since. Now I wonder if maybe she was near one of these vehicles with the laser guided cruise...

·
Registered
797 Posts
gsfent said:
I thought there was something in the tail lights of some of the newer cars (GM SUV's?) that also caused the V1 to go off.
Regards,
Jerry
Any vehicle that uses red LEDs in the tail/brake lights will set off the V1. Red (InGaAs) LEDs emit at a peak of 750 nm. Said device has a long wavelength tail that extends to well beyond 900 nm, which is the wavelength that is used in speed trap lidar.

Jeff :cheers:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Re: What about Lidatek?

Gee, I wonder what the cruise control is doing when it receives the countermeasure signal?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: I knew I wasn't going crazy...just yet anyway.

Thanks for sharing guys...I knew that once again, this board would have people knowledgable enough to set things straight.
I'll call Valentine Corp and see what their take is on it...I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ok, Now can someone explain to me what/how laser guided cruise system is?

TripleD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts