BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ok...I DID use the search tool :)

But can we say INFO OVERLOAD :)

My 09/00 build M5 hs a current CPT8000 in it (I think.....see picture below)

From what I have read the Motorola V600 with BT can be integrated. One of my hangups has been I NEED to be able to check my email on my phone. Most of these phones require you to wade thru a BS web mail client. I currently use Snappermail on my Samsung i650 and it is grea. Select the program and then select send/receive.

I did a little digging and it looks like I can get a mail app for this phone that operates similarly thus I could use this phone.

Question is "What do I need to make this type of phone work in the 09/00 M5?" I have no issues doing the work myself. And it seems hit or miss as to if the dealers have any clue. Thus as usual the realsource of info is you guys who have done it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Tim,

see this link

http://www.bimmernav.com/page3.html
Martin has an adaptor harness that works great. I have it in my early production 02 that used to have a CPT8000.

Tim W said:
Ok Ok...I DID use the search tool :)

But can we say INFO OVERLOAD :)

My 09/00 build M5 hs a current CPT8000 in it (I think.....see picture below)

From what I have read the Motorola V600 with BT can be integrated. One of my hangups has been I NEED to be able to check my email on my phone. Most of these phones require you to wade thru a BS web mail client. I currently use Snappermail on my Samsung i650 and it is grea. Select the program and then select send/receive.

I did a little digging and it looks like I can get a mail app for this phone that operates similarly thus I could use this phone.

Question is "What do I need to make this type of phone work in the 09/00 M5?" I have no issues doing the work myself. And it seems hit or miss as to if the dealers have any clue. Thus as usual the realsource of info is you guys who have done it.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts