BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
No such thing if they start passing all these stupid laws... Well ok not stupid but I dont like them... fuel efficiency by 50% in performance cars... and Trucks are exempt... BLAH! grrrrrrr I want a M5... not a Ford Lightning!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i hope i have to eat my words, but in a word - "no". i've posted before why and what to expect from the new m5...

alex
00 m5

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I could also care less if the new M5 will have 500 hp and a V-10 or a V-16;). If it looks ANYTHING like a "mini new 7", count me out. If 2002 is really the last year for the E39 M5, I have to say that I am sad to see her go, but I am damn happy that I got the chance to pick one up before BMW started to beat the M5 with an ugly stick like they did with the 7.

I think the 2002 M5 may very well be the first and last BMW that I buy. I wonder if the new V10 can be retrofited to the E39 M5, now that would be nice.;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just wanted to echo what most have said and I have posted many times already. Until it's official and in production, we will have to wait and see based on BMW's history. Perhaps their initial plan is to put a V-10 in it, but after extensive testing they just can't make it work and are happier with a massaged V-8? No matter what, the car won't be out for at LEAST 2 more years and possibly more based on history. Just because they plan it today doesn't mean it will ever be in production.

Therefore, I just read with amusement (and hopeful anticipation) all this speculation. Noone should make purchasing/financial decisions today about what might happen with BMW in the future. Show me the goods BMW.

Chris

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
HA!!

I have read post where people have put down huge deposits for the "V-10" M5. I think I read somewhere that someone put $5,000 down for one.:eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
np gustav
:)
i think bmw should get their act togehter if they want to maintain their current success and don't get bought up by some larger company like the vw group or toyota... however judging by the spypics of the new 5 it doesn't look good :mad:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
23 Participants
BMW_7
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing