BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every single article I read in car magazines say that the M6 is going to have a 5.0l V10, with 500hp=100bhp/liter.
Anywaymy point is why would they fit both the M6 and M5 with a V10 engine of the same cubic capacity, or will the M5 maybe have a larger V10 ?

hmmm
just some thougts
--- ///M Jaco

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Jaco;
Everything I hear says a 500 hp V10 for the M5 & M6. I think most are guessing at the displacement. 100 hp per litre would be darn impressive for that size engine. It would almost have to be an 8000 rom redline, un-heard of in a street engine of that size.

The unfortunate thing is I much prefer the sound of a V8 over a V10 but it would be difficult for them to get 100 extra HP out of the current M5 V8.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Oops, should have read the other threads below before my reply. The article does say 5 litre, 500hp, 8000 rpm redline. I guess they are all still rumors and I agree that it doesn't make sense to have a 5 litre in one and a 5.6 in the other. It also doesn't make sense for BMW to design a premium level car and have to do a seperate engine for it to fit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok dudes I am not thinking this up but in one of the articles I saw, they quoted a guy from BMW saying the engine will be a 5liter V10(in the M6) and will rev to 7000rpm not 8000rpm and wil produce 100bhp/liter and it's based on what they have learned in F1. So there You go, according to that very respected and reliable source -- a 5liter V10 revving to 7000rpm producing 500hp
Preformance on the M6 is around 236Kw/ton wich will translate into about 4 seconds to 100 km/h and topspeed of about 330km/h +, like I said this comes from a very reliable and respected source.

Have fun in Your Beasts, maybe one of You wanna give me a ride sometime hehehe.

Till Later
Jaco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts