BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V.S Motor finally made the 8 second drag at Tullinge Raceway in Sweden. (Norway and Swedens fastest streetcar, and the first car without a V8 doing a 8-second drag :cheers:

The M5 has now 1129bhp and 1130Nm (833ft.lbs) of torque. The rear suspension used on the dragstrip is a Ford 9,5" with spool and a 4-link with coilovers. Mickey Thompson 13,5" drag tires.

On the track, the car still use the original M5 rear suspension.

Movie of the drag at http://www.vsmotor.no/en_index.html - Click "Videos"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Awesome!!!! :M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch:

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Unbelievable - Vidar must be a very talented mechanic - as this car seems to be quite reliable for such an insane power output.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Holy sh...

And that with a crack in the air intake. :cheers:

Regards
Pelle

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Has anyone in Sweden turbo'd a BMW V8?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
A this was the first thread on the quarter mile runs with Vidars awesome M5, I deleted the duplicate posts, especially as they didn't have the main links that this one did.

If I recall, the car is the fastest "street" car in that it was once a road car rather than dedicated track design, but I'm pretty sure it is not actually road legal. Emmisions was the main issue iirc. That and bald tyres!!!! LOL ;)

Hat' off to Mr Strand though, what a design? Have you seen the photos of the engine on his site? Doesn't look anything like my engine!!

Ivan.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
It'd probably run a 7 sec at 350kmh with MOS!

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Morten said:
V.S Motor finally made the 8 second drag at Tullinge Raceway in Sweden. (Norway and Swedens fastest streetcar, and the first car without a V8 doing a 8-second drag :cheers:

The M5 has now 1129bhp and 1130Nm (833ft.lbs) of torque. The rear suspension used on the dragstrip is a Ford 9,5" with spool and a 4-link with coilovers. Mickey Thompson 13,5" drag tires.

On the track, the car still use the original M5 rear suspension.

Movie of the drag at http://www.vsmotor.no/en_index.html - Click "Videos"
Please once again,has anyone turbo'd a BMW V8???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts