BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and with a hearty grunt a beast was conceived this afternoon. zzzzz

His sister '07 530xiT is very excited about having a brother in Sepang/Indy Red/Aluminum. :biggrinbounce:

The wait will be long :crying2: but the October delivery in Munich will be worth the wait. The boy beast will run :Germany: and run :austria: and run :italy:, and run :france: and run :spain:. He will build endurance and grow strong for 4,500 miles cherrsagaibefore returning home :tearsofjoy:.

The delivery party :cheers: will be in Greenville, South Carolina :rally_drive: before returning home to meet his sister.

Thanks to many for help mid-wifeing my beast. :applause:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats... wait is gonna kill ya... :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Interesting color combo. Congrats. Post pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
814 Posts
color

that really is an interesting color combination.... I wanted to get Interlagos Blue with Indy Red.... but thought it be too crazy so got blue/black... congrats...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Color Combination

I labored over the color combination. :dunno:

No problem with the Sepang exterior, that was relatively easy for me even though I have never seen it apart from of photographs. I like earth tones and the Sepang fans around here are pretty rabid. Even those who would not buy it themselves seem to concede that it's a great color.

Interior was the hard part. I prefer what "extended leather" offers as far as which surfaces are covered with leather, as opposed to "full". If you get anything other than black or a dark color, (of which there are very few) "full" covers the console, lower portion of the dash and more of the door than "extended". That is is too much color or too bright for me. I even entertained trying to track down a blue leather that I thought I heard was offered in some of the other model lines but I have yet to see any photos.

Extended leather only offers three colors and my CA was either unable or unwilling to get me Indianapolis Red leather in the "extended" scheme even though I was more than happy to pay for the price of the "full". Fortunately a local dealer had a 650 with an Indy Red interior that I saw in the flesh. It is dark and rich enough that I think it will work and not come off as garrish.

The wait is gonna kill me. I will of course post pix in December when it gets back over here.

Reactions: Pegasusmjv

·
Registered
814 Posts
wait

Mark... good luck to you... I know exactly what you're going through.. I just got my car and the months seem like years... LOL... once the car is produced the process goes pretty fast tough...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts