1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any difference?

·
10,445 Posts
UUC has two different versions, black, which are likely very similar to Rogue, and red, which come with the aluminum caps (the "enforcers"). I have the uuc red mounts, and recently removed the enforcers. I was getting too much driveline noise in the cabin, it is much nicer now.
Mike

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I have the Rogues and never had a problem with them transmitting vibration. I would guess the UUC black ones are similar.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
RennSportSC'dKellenersM5 said:
they are the same..the reds are harder and then you can add the TME cups to make it even stiffer if you like...
They aren't the same. The Rogue tranny mounts are 1/8" taller.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Re: Dave..........

FAST 5 said:
Which name brand do you recommend or prefer? Also, which of the two colors are better suited for our car's???
TIA.
Robert
I'll abstain from this part of the discussion, since I sell the Rogue mounts and UUC is another board sponsor. I suggest you poll end users.

If you do select UUC, you should get Rob Levinson's advice on which color to buy. The Rogue mounts only come in black.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Re: Dave..........

i like the rogue ! i tried uuc blacks and they vibrated , i put in the rogues and havent noticed a thing except i can shift better under hard accelaration.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
i like the rogue ! i tried uuc blacks and they vibrated , i put in the rogues and havent noticed a thing except i can shift better under hard accelaration.
Did you notice any qualitative difference in the stiffness of the rubber between the two? I wonder if the reason the UUC black mounts are 1/8 in. shorter is to compensate if you use their Enforcer cups? If the rubber stiffness is the same, I don't see why the UUCs would vibrate except maybe if they were not installed correctly, though I also don't understand how that could happen because the install is so straightforward.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Really, they were so cheap I didn’t really fight it. They just worked better and I went with it. I’ve heard the same complaints from the m3 guys.
But no scientific evidence as of now that I know of.
I think I gave my uuc's away or i would've just given them to you.

sorry
ray

Need4Spd said:
Did you notice any qualitative difference in the stiffness of the rubber between the two? I wonder if the reason the UUC black mounts are 1/8 in. shorter is to compensate if you use their Enforcer cups? If the rubber stiffness is the same, I don't see why the UUCs would vibrate except maybe if they were not installed correctly, though I also don't understand how that could happen because the install is so straightforward.

·
10,445 Posts
here's a little more feedback on the reds. I asked rob about the noise, and if i could use the reds without the enforcer cups. He said the main cause of noise is overtorqueing the mounts. They should be at 16ftlbs. My torque wrench starts at 20, so that's not too tight. I had the enforcers in for about 6 months. There was a fair amount of drivtrain noise that i could hear and feel(some mild vibration, mostly decelerating in 4th gear, such as coasting down a hill). There was also some exhaust resonance. I took the crossmember out, removed the enforcers, loosened and re tightened the mounts (i had not installed them myself originally) and there is no drivetrain noise, no vibration and no resonation. Perhaps mine were originally overtorqued, or maybe the enforcers do transmit some more noise into the cabin, but the polyurethane bushings do not seem to make much noise by themselves. The shift quality does seem better to me too, vs stock rubber mounts.
Mike

·
Registered
439 Posts
hmmmm that sounds like the same symptoms :eek:h: i had my mechanic put the uuc in and then ben from rogue did the swap and it was all ok after that. so maybe i didnt give them the proper try..

o well

ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts