BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the ad says, selling my UUC V12 (280mm) lightweight aluminum flywheel. The old V12 clutch kit conversion was put in the car around 52k miles. The flywheel has about 50k miles on it now, and needs to be resurfaced. I have a brand new resurface kit I will include (still in the UPS box) from UUC/Fidanza then it is ready to be like new again. It is a great mod and I loved it on my car. I decided to cheap out and go back to OEM setup.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Price?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price would be good! $700 with the resurface. The resurface was $100 from UUC, and IIRC the flywheel brand new are ballpark of $1100-1200.
Yeah there is chatter with this flywheel which is loudest near the wheel wells but nothing overpowering, and it never bothered me as it does some. I knew the flywheel was doing its job as a performance mod on my car which is more important to me. Inside the car was much quieter and my exhaust is modified.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Where is the best place to buy a new V12 clutch? What was the stock application?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Price would be good! $700 with the resurface. The resurface was $100 from UUC, and IIRC the flywheel brand new are ballpark of $1100-1200.
Yeah there is chatter with this flywheel which is loudest near the wheel wells but nothing overpowering, and it never bothered me as it does some. I knew the flywheel was doing its job as a performance mod on my car which is more important to me. Inside the car was much quieter and my exhaust is modified.
im not talking about the chatter at idle. mine used to chatter when you would pull out slow or do a low rpm 1 to 2 shift, curious if the v12 one does the same.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where is the best place to buy a new V12 clutch? What was the stock application?
Search around for BMW 850 clutch kit for any V-12, the Sachs one is part # K70011-02. Whichever one you decide on, make sure the disc has springs on it, to help keep chatter noise down.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The clutch would never chatter while moving that I noticed. Bavarian Autosport had clutch kits for this application last time I checked.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump new price $645 shipped!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump $610 shipped!!! This is the V12 280mm size not the 240mm OEM size

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump! This flywheel is still for sale with brand new surface! $610 shipped!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So if this was purchased could I just order part number 21212227496 which is a 280MM 850CSi reman clutch kit from BMW for $550.00 and bolt it on?
Yes, you'll also need the 850 slave cylinder which I think UUC has.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SOLD!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts