BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just about ready to take the UUC SSK, DSSR, TME plunge. Do I go with the TME black (street) or red (race)? I do no track driving so is there an advantage to having the red? Also, I was at my dealer and they offered to install the SSK. Besides higher costs of installation would there be any advantage/disadvantage to having dealer installation? Has anybody installed the UUC clutch bushings? What’s the final word on the UUC clutch stop?
So in summary:

1. TME red or black?
2. Dealer installation?
3. Clutch bushing?
4. Clutch stop?

Thanks.

·
10,458 Posts
i would suggest the black. I bought the red. Actually, i didnt know there was a choice, but I mentioned to the guy on the phone that i do track my car, and i got the reds with the caps. They did increase cabin noise/resonance in my case. I took off the caps, and am just using the red poly bushings and am quite pleased. The resonance is gone. I should note that i didn't do the initial install, and UUC does say if the bushings are overtorqued, you can get noise, so perhaps my installer didn't do it 100% correctly. At any rate, i removed the caps and reinstalled everything myself (so i know it's done right :hihi: ) and all is good. I'll sell you a set of enforcer caps cheap if you want them!
Mike

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Ok, so what's a TME? ?????? ??????

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Transmission mount somethings I am guessing... :)

Only risk with dealer installing is that it becomes an official BMW computer entry... never know when they'll throw that back at you for a warranty issue.

A

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ard said:
Transmission mount somethings I am guessing... :)

Only risk with dealer installing is that it becomes an official BMW computer entry... never know when they'll throw that back at you for a warranty issue.

A
TME = tranny mount enforcer. It replaces the stock tranny mounts. It's supposed to prevent tranny movement on hard acceleration, so less chance of missing a shift.

If there was a warranty issue couldn't you "blame" the dealer for installing a non approved part(s)?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dino said:
TME = tranny mount enforcer. It replaces the stock tranny mounts. It's supposed to prevent tranny movement on hard acceleration, so less chance of missing a shift.

Addition: Actually, the enforcer is a metal cup that fits around the tranny mount bushing to give the bushing extra support.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Dino said:
If there was a warranty issue couldn't you "blame" the dealer for installing a non approved part(s)?
Sure, see how that works.

I could envision any number of transmission problems that a PITA dealer could say "Oh, that's probably due to the non-stock tranny mounts or shifter"... poping out of gear, noises, etc.

I'd still do the mod, I just keep my dealership interactions "stock"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts