BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:alright

After all the post and responses from the different members (thank you), I will be having my new clutch installed today.

I'd like the thank Rob, for taking the time to discuss with me on many occasions all that I needed to know about the possible reasons for clutch failure. After taking photographs off the different componets, and having Rob go pic by pic, it became clear to me that the instal could very well be responsible for failure and was probably so. This gave me ample amunition to negotiate a completely new instal at a reduced cost. Needless to say they(mechanics) are still stating that it was product issue and not their's. Proof was not on their side.

UUC gets a big nod of approval from me again and still.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Thanks for the update -- looking forward to hearing about your experience with the new clutch too. I'm up for a clutch by summer most likely, and UUC is at the top of the list right now.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The time is coming, I will be soon joining the UUC crowd, Rob L, I am sorry I havent called, after Rob K. said I would, I have been busy with work, but will call soon to place an order as the funds have been approved via the wife:) , looking forward to speaking with you and trying out that new clutch you have in the works, Josh

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Stryder69 said:
UUC gets a big nod of approval from me again and still.
Excellent- they've always been a stand up company.. and this is a tough crowd.

cherrsagai

A

·
Registered
784 Posts
There is no doubt that your trust would be well placed in the UUC products. I use them, I installed them, we sell them, and I enjoy them.......... besides....they are a great group to deal with.........

Take care

Shadowman

·
Registered
204 Posts
Where is Rob these days though? I need a new DSSR, something about pre 01's having a diffrent Selector Rod, so I am driving with no 2nd gear, & have been emailing and PM Rob to no avail.... Rob you there???

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Good luck with the UUC setup, keep us posted. I might be going that route in the near future:flag:

·
Vendor
619 Posts
ttboyvanc said:
Where is Rob these days though? I need a new DSSR, something about pre 01's having a diffrent Selector Rod, so I am driving with no 2nd gear, & have been emailing and PM Rob to no avail.... Rob you there???
I don't usually check PMs (real e-mail is so much better and doesn't hide identities). Please call me during the day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts