BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I'm having my UUC shifter and DSSR installed tomorrow here in Denver, but I was wondering, should I have anything else done while that's being installed? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys! M5Board rocks.
It would be a good time to have a look at anything under the exhaust and shield. Things like the drive shaft guibo, center bearing, and the diff input seal, if it's leaking. I'd also have a look at all of the linkage bits that aren't included with the UCC stuff. I'm sure there's other stuff you could probably freshen up, but then you start running into the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda thing. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be a good time to have a look at anything under the exhaust and shield. Things like the drive shaft guibo, center bearing, and the diff input seal, if it's leaking. I'd also have a look at all of the linkage bits that aren't included with the UCC stuff. I'm sure there's other stuff you could probably freshen up, but then you start running into the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda thing. My 2 cents.
I've had the guibo replaced as of this year. I'll have them look at the center bearing and diff input seal. Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
370 Posts
The UUC DSSR shaft will clean up almost all your slop. It's an awesome improvement and you will love it. I also replaced the shift joint on the shift shaft while I was installing mine. I'd recommend that as well. The shifter is adjustable. I prefer mine at the lowest hight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts