BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used for 20,000 miles. I will include two brand new contact plates from UUC still in the package and a new pilot bearing along with the used mounting hardware. This is a nice design. I didn't like the clutch and pressure plate and went back to OEM. There are a couple of minor scratched areas on the back. (see pics) Otherwise, the condition is excellent.

Best contact is via email at [email protected]

$700 plus shipping.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any clutch that fits the stock flywheel will do, even the OEM one. Same with the pressure plate. A sprung hub clutch would be best.

Joe

·
Registered
326 Posts
I didn't like the clutch and pressure plate and went back to OEM.
didn't like the clutch/PP but you're selling the flywheel?

How much chatter did you experience with this setup? What clutch were you using?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock clutch lasted 103k miles. It was actually the throw out bearing that went bad. Of course, replaced the clutch at that time. New (and better than stock?) pressure plate broke into two pieces after 1,000 miles. The aftermarket clutch disc wore out after 20,000 miles. Got disgusted and went back to stock everything. You really need a sprung hub clutch if going with a single mass flywheel. Nothing wrong with UUC flywheel but I didn't want to use it with the stock disc.

Joe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MarkQC,

I don't think wear would be an issue. Driving with the worn clutch scorched the surface. I wanted to sell this flywheel as almost new so I bought new friction surfaces. They are sold only in pairs by UUC and they were cheap; less than $50 if remember.

If you are really interested in the longevity of this surface, I would check the e36 sites. There are thousands of UUC lightweight flywheels of the same design in use.

Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts