BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be sure to say and check in with us at www.utahm5.com We have meets and other events. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is the Utah group still active? I'm buying an E39 M5 tomorrow in Arizona and driving it back to Utah. I'd love to meet some fellow M5 drivers in the Salt Lake area.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Is the Utah group still active? I'm buying an E39 M5 tomorrow in Arizona and driving it back to Utah. I'd love to meet some fellow M5 drivers in the Salt Lake area.
Honesty, the majority of the Utah M5 contingency has pretty much parted (and sold their cars). There's still a couple stragglers, but not many. Your best bet for hookin up and hanging with the M crowd is still a short 5.5 hour drive to Vegas to M-FEST!!! :thumbsup: (look for the M-Fest board)

Congrats on the purchase! What are the details of your ride?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's a 2000 M5, titanium silver. It's got 115,000 miles on it, but the exterior/interior are in awesome shape and it drives very well (and I got a great deal on it). Unfortunately, yesterday the SES light came on, and I'd like to get that cleared before I take it in for safety and emissions. If anyone in the SL area has a code reader I can borrow for a minute, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 2000 M5, titanium silver. It's got 115,000 miles on it, but the exterior/interior are in awesome shape and it drives very well (and I got a great deal on it). Unfortunately, yesterday the SES light came on, and I'd like to get that cleared before I take it in for safety and emissions. If anyone in the SL area has a code reader I can borrow for a minute, I'd appreciate it.

I have one. Give me a shout sometime and we can hook up to clear it. 801 two three 2 zero 9 three 7

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm around! - I drive a '02 chiaretto red. Drop me a line sometime. I see e39 M5s every now and then around here. But there aren't too many.

Daniel

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking to purchase an E39 pretty soon. Looking for a lemans blue but I'm def up for some gtg's when I get my ride.

Are there any good indies in the area to service the M5? I don't wanna have to rely on the dealer(s).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking to purchase an E39 pretty soon. Looking for a lemans blue but I'm def up for some gtg's when I get my ride.

Are there any good indies in the area to service the M5? I don't wanna have to rely on the dealer(s).
There are a few indy shops around. I'd first recommend Bimmer Motor Works on 17th South in Salt Lake. Ask for Kevin. There's also Alex's AutoHaus in Midvale. I personally have not used Alex's, but have heard they are decent.

As far as a local LeMans, shoot a message to Dave (PCUT) on the board, maybe you could convince him to sell his! :cheers:

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are a few indy shops around. I'd first recommend Bimmer Motor Works on 17th South in Salt Lake. Ask for Kevin. There's also Alex's AutoHaus in Midvale. I personally have not used Alex's, but have heard they are decent.

As far as a local LeMans, shoot a message to Dave (PCUT) on the board, maybe you could convince him to sell his! :cheers:

Thanks. Ive been looking nationwide for the right M5. Well worth it for the drive back. Lol might be kinda hard to convince PCUT.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey John, Are any of you guys going to Mfest this year? We sure had fun the last time and hope you can make it. April 28-29. We will have a caravan from Colorado hitting I-15 thurs 27th and want the salt lake guys to be there!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey John, Are any of you guys going to Mfest this year? We sure had fun the last time and hope you can make it. April 28-29. We will have a caravan from Colorado hitting I-15 thurs 27th and want the salt lake guys to be there!!

I assume the MFest is in Vegas?

I'd like to tag along if I have my ///M by then.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes in Vegas, Sorry I wrote the wrong dates.It is April 22-24. I also apologize I didnt mean to hijack this thread. I will post on the regional...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Are you all from CO coming down I-70 then taking I-15?

Yes, We will be on I-70 and hit I-15 Thurs Apr 21st early afternoon. We would love to have ya!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
thefirm13
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing