BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is no rhyme or reason to the completed M5 shipping schedule. My top sources tell me that some of the earliest units completed on 8/31 are still sitting in Dingolfing, while some units completed 9/14 are already at the dock in Bremerhaven.

For example:

B58106x is still at Dingolfing while B58122x is at the dock already (protecting actual last digit of VIN). A car nearly 200 units later is already at the dock. An early 100 is also at the dock.

Completed cars randomly pulled for rail to Bremerhaven or some cars getting extra QC or rework? Some missing minor parts?

Dunno.

MJ

·
Registered
331 Posts
MJ said:
There is no rhyme or reason to the completed M5 shipping schedule. My top sources tell me that some of the earliest units completed on 8/31 are still sitting in Dingolfing, while some units completed 9/14 are already at the dock in Bremerhaven.

For example:

B58106x is still at Dingolfing while B58122x is at the dock already (protecting actual last digit of VIN). A car nearly 200 units later is already at the dock. An early 100 is also at the dock.

Completed cars randomly pulled for rail to Bremerhaven or some cars getting extra QC or rework? Some missing minor parts?

Dunno.

MJ

My car, B58110x is waiting at the dock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts