BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully not, but I have been informed that the 2006 E60 M5 has not yet been CARB certified (California Air Resources Board, http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm). I am not sure about the USA EPA cert.

Since this is a 50-state car, I don't think any car is going to be released until there is CARB certification. Sources tell me that CARB is set for October 5-12, so it should not be an issue. The first cars which are on the water and set to arrive soon might be held up a few days (purely my assumption), but nothing serious. My car is due in on the 12th, so no big deal.

There is NO COORDINATED RELEASE. These cars will roll off to the dealers as soon as they are processed at the VPC with all certifications intact.

MJ
'06 on the way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody have a car hit port yet or close? I know some week 36 cars headed to New York were on the water first. I want to see if the CARB is truly a holdup.

MJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
MJ said:
Anybody have a car hit port yet or close? I know some week 36 cars headed to New York were on the water first. I want to see if the CARB is truly a holdup.

MJ
We'll see soon. The ship is scheduled to dock in NYC 9/30.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
MJ said:
Anybody have a car hit port yet or close? I know some week 36 cars headed to New York were on the water first. I want to see if the CARB is truly a holdup.

MJ

My car, aboard the MAERSK TEAL is scheduled to dock in NYC/NJ on 10/1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Wolverine said:
We'll see soon. The ship is scheduled to dock in NYC 9/30.

Its not arriving on 9/30- it was delayed 1 day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
Wolverine said:
It's been moved back up to 9/30 - check again.

Yeah, sorry hah I just saw your other post. Hey thats good news! tomorrow!! I should go down to the port to see the ship
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
I seriously doubt that BMW would even begin selling them until it has passed all certifications. So I wouldn't sweat it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As of today USA M5's are still blocked. Cars that have arrived at the VPC are still awaiting the CARB certification (California emissions) before release. The certs include California and four other states. So the E60 M5 is 45-state ready now. I hear the hope is for the certificate to be issued today 10/5 or tomorrow 10/6, but word is that it could be as late as Wed. 10/12 before any cars can be released to the dealers. This is a formality that all cars go through and at this point it's all about a red stamp on paperwork.

MJ
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top