BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that will purchase your cars and plan on keeping them beyond the standard warranty period, what are your thoughts regarding BMW's extended warranty and/or maintenance plans?

Normally I would always pass on such plans; however due to the complexity of the M5, do you think it would be reasonable to add the 7/100,000 mi extended plan? I think the cost of is in the range of 2K, but I have not seen anything specific in writing.

·
Registered
955 Posts
idivethesea said:
For those of you that will purchase your cars and plan on keeping them beyond the standard warranty period, what are your thoughts regarding BMW's extended warranty and/or maintenance plans?

Normally I would always pass on such plans; however due to the complexity of the M5, do you think it would be reasonable to add the 7/100,000 mi extended plan? I think the cost of is in the range of 2K, but I have not seen anything specific in writing.

I have no idea how much it'll costs for the M5 neither. But due to the costs of the parts for the M5, I defintely will extend the warranty on my car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tifosi said:
I have no idea how much it'll costs for the M5 neither. But due to the costs of the parts for the M5, I defintely will extend the warranty on my car.
I'm not sure how it is in Canada, but here in the states, the maintenance is included with the warranty. But after the warranty expires, it may be two different extensions, but again I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
idivethesea said:

I agree that, normally, extended warranties are not something I do, but given the complexity and (b)leading edge technology involved it would make sense at the right price. Anybody have specifics on term and price of a BMW extended warranty?

·
Registered
537 Posts
extended warranty is very steep $3749 with a dealer cost of 2999 july 2004 bulletin. Its a category D car which in the past was the 7 , m5, and z8.

extended mantainence is 1195 with a dealer cost of 1095.

the 5 series is only about 500 cheaper on the extended warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts