BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard today from my "plugged in" dealer GM pal that a BMW distribution biggie said we might NOT see any M5's hitting the USA even by November. I hope not, since my lease is up on 10//10/05!

MJ
'03
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
I think that is a pretty accurate time frame, assuming there are no last-minute mechanical issues. BTW, you can always extend your lease/buy more miles, especially if you leased through BMWFS and you're waiting for another new BMW. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
MJ said:
I heard today from my "plugged in" dealer GM pal that a BMW distribution biggie said we might NOT see any M5's hitting the USA even by November. I hope not, since my lease is up on 10//10/05!

MJ
'03
Talked to my dealer pal and he said roughly the same thing - I guess I'll have to extend (my lease is up in August) - sure don't want to drive the M3 cab in November & December. But then again, starting out in an e60 in the winter isn't the most delightful prospect, either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
I'm not real excited about picking up my M5 in November - probably the worst time of year to introduce the car in the US. After break-in, you're right in the middle of winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
Hmmm... I picked up my E39 M5 on December 31st and had no problems with winter -- oh yeah, I live in California! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
The Production is being delayed for un specified reasons hmmm

I won't have allocations confirmed until August. My customers are chomping at the bit for info, but BMW is really slow to come!

Patience is a virtue.......Good things come to those who wait....Etc.Etc...

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
I just left my dealer and discussed extending the lease, apparently BMWFS won't do that, I either turn the car in, or buy it, or CPO it. Good interest rate on CPO...

Is this accurate?

I for one don't sweat the winter delivery, except that based on my return date.. that is a long wait. Of course, I have other cars, so it isn't a huge deal to me.

I just finished explaining to them that if we hear anything official (along with dates) for the manual, I might just wait for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
vndkshn said:
I just left my dealer and discussed extending the lease, apparently BMWFS won't do that, I either turn the car in, or buy it, or CPO it. Good interest rate on CPO...

Is this accurate?

I for one don't sweat the winter delivery, except that based on my return date.. that is a long wait. Of course, I have other cars, so it isn't a huge deal to me.

I just finished explaining to them that if we hear anything official (along with dates) for the manual, I might just wait for that.
I wouldn't depend on dealer information, and would call BMWFS directly. Check with a "supervisor", if necessary. They seem to be pretty flexible and accommodating, as I've ended BMWFS leases early without penalty, as I was moving into another BMW. If all else fails, a low-mileage E39 M5 should fetch a premium among enthusiasts. (Maybe an ad in the Roundel?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I'm literally going ouich!bonkers! ouichjust waiting for the new M5 to come into the States so i can test drive one and see if i like it better or not to my current M5. I can't even focus at work or when my gf is talking to me (as if did anyway). I think i'm coming down with systemic eesikstysteous emphivitis! :biggrin:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,698 Posts
Im surprised that they won't extend the lease. Ive had them do that in the past. Especially if you are going to another BMW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
BMWFS (Canada) has accomodated me in the past on extending a lease a few months (4) to coincide with new vehicle delivery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
lakecitylemansm5 said:
I'm literally going ouich!bonkers! ouichjust waiting for the new M5 to come into the States so i can test drive one and see if i like it better or not to my current M5. I can't even focus at work or when my gf is talking to me (as if did anyway). I think i'm coming down with systemic eesikstysteous emphivitis! :biggrin:
Where in the world do you think you're going to be able to 'test drive' an M5?? Let me know if you find a place in the US.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Wolverine said:
Where in the world do you think you're going to be able to 'test drive' an M5?? Let me know if you find a place in the US.
I would love to see if the new e60 is better than my current m5. but that is a good point though about it perhaps being nearly impossible to get a test run.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top