BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see most of these being over in Europe..anyone have any places they recommend over here in the US?

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
There's a company in Texas, if I'm not mistaken. Do a search on a thread by russap5.

However, from what I remember, the perforated leather looked better done by the European companies.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Contact slimmbones. He can get it done for you. I've personally seen the alcantara one on his car. Quality was amazing.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Contact slimmbones. He can get it done for you. I've personally seen the alcantara one on his car. Quality was amazing.
He needs to give me his number, i hate waiting for his PM replies hiha

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Heard nothing but good for the Dallas company that does it. Tons of experience - I wouldnt even think twice about sending it to em if I wanted my wheel rewrapped

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heard nothing but good for the Dallas company that does it. Tons of experience - I wouldnt even think twice about sending it to em if I wanted my wheel rewrapped
I tried looking on there website for a price...How much do these usually run? I want alacantra

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I tried looking on there website for a price...How much do these usually run? I want alacantra
This is my quote when I inquired a few months ago:

Thanks for your inquiry. The cost to recover your 2001 BMW M5 steering wheel in Alcantara to factory's specification is

- Wheel $329.
- Tricolor stitch $30.
- Shipping $17.

Turn around time is 2 days.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Thanks,

Don Le
469-449-7973
Dallas Custom Steering Wheel

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
I think I paid $300 or so. You don't want alcanatra, suede is much more durable. I've had both, alcantara will ball up and rub off, suede will not.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
:crying2:

???

You can't tell the difference between alcantara and suede. IMO it will match the headliner material - I am going to swap steering wheels from my M3 to my M5 then wrap the leather one in suede too. Match it up with a boot from LeatherZ and you're all set.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
will they do the e-brake boot to?
Yeah I think they specialize in steering wheels. You can get e-boot cover from Redline or Slimmbones, both high quality products.

·
Company Representative for Euro Parts Direct
2,027 Posts
Guys,

i have alot of projects and wont be doing steering wheels anymore but i will be making alcantara shiftboots and e-brake boots in color 9002 which matches the headliner in our m5 they will be ready in 2weeks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts