BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Nice...

Member Ekan is going to pic up his M5 with you tomorrow gustav? So it says in his post :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
What's the story on this M5? I don't live too far from MB and would love to see it in person. Is it a demo or a members Beast?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow are you guys on it. I didn't even have a chance to post my 1st spy shot ever!!! I took this picture out of my window in Manhattan Beach. I ran over after taking it, and the guy driving was pretty cool. He said that he works for BMW. He and 2 others were out test driving in order to give feedback to the engineers. He said they should be coming out end of summer, between 90 to 95k. Said he really likes the new smg, and the car is a blast to drive. As he was leaving the station he ripped it down the street(Vista del Mar), that thing ripped. I must say though, the exhaust note of the V10 is not as pleasing as the one in my E39.

By the way, the other two cars that were cruising with him were a z4 with 4 exhaust pipes(most likely an ///M4)that sounded great!!!, and a 7 series with no markings. The exhaust was hidden behind the plastic, and I couldn't see it. Both black.

Keep your eyes open in the South Bay, they are cruising these three all the time.

Peace, Hector Lopez

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hector Lopez said:
Wow are you guys on it. I didn't even have a chance to post my 1st spy shot ever!!! I took this picture out of my window in Manhattan Beach. I ran over after taking it, and the guy driving was pretty cool. He said that he works for BMW. He and 2 others were out test driving in order to give feedback to the engineers. He said they should be coming out end of summer, between 90 to 95k. Said he really likes the new smg, and the car is a blast to drive. As he was leaving the station he ripped it down the street(Vista del Mar), that thing ripped. I must say though, the exhaust note of the V10 is not as pleasing as the one in my E39.

By the way, the other two cars that were cruising with him were a z4 with 4 exhaust pipes(most likely an ///M4)that sounded great!!!, and a 7 series with no markings. The exhaust was hidden behind the plastic, and I couldn't see it. Both black.

Keep your eyes open in the South Bay, they are cruising these three all the time.

Peace, Hector Lopez
Is that Black or Interlagos Blue? It's hard to tell from the picture in the shade like that.
ChuckG
:confused:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Hector Lopez said:

Peace, Hector Lopez
Exhaust note not pleasing???

·
Registered
64 Posts
id like some chrome accents somewhere else to break up the monotony of the paint. put your fingers on the grill and tires and its hard to tell what it is. do silver cars come with chrome headlights btw, the black background seems a little old school.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Great picture. :) My guess is that this is Onyx blue, it seems darker than Interlagos blue. Maybe Ashok could tell you more, he's the color expert on the board I think.

·
Registered
955 Posts
jos said:
Great picture. :) My guess is that this is Onyx blue, it seems darker than Interlagos blue. Maybe Ashok could tell you more, he's the color expert on the board I think.
this should be Interlago Blue. same as the colour on most M5 prototypes in the US.
and although it does looks like a darker blue, it's not very reasonable for BMW to use an individual M5 just to do the testing, i think it's just the lighting that makes the colour looks darker.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
tifosi said:
this should be Interlago Blue. same as the colour on most M5 prototypes in the US.
and although it does looks like a darker blue, it's not very reasonable for BMW to use an individual M5 just to do the testing, i think it's just the lighting that makes the colour looks darker.
Definitely not Interlagos Blue. I've seen it at the Detroit Auto Show, and it is a stunning (some would say shocking) color. I'll bet this in Onyx or some other dark blue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I do not have any more pictures. As I ran downstairs to see the car, I decided to leave the camera, as to not piss off the guy driving. I had no idea that the z4 and 7 series were even there as I was so stoked on the 5. I now wish I would have taken the camera with me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts