BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Just got word from my rep, he spoke to his counterpart at the factory and US production has been pushed back to December 05. Final specs due in August. I will find out more info when I call him tomorrow. :confused: looks like I will leave germany before my car gets here. I was looking forward to testing it on the autobahn...oh well.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
If this is true... I might just give up on the car and get something else. I'll be moving about that time... had hoped to be past the breakin by then...

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is crazy, is this car ever going to hit our shores over here?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Let's get confirmation before jumping off cliffs.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
With all these rumours of delays, that 6 speed just keeps getting closer and closer :D lovelove mmmmmm mmmmmm

·
Registered
703 Posts
Terk said:
With all these rumours of delays, that 6 speed just keeps getting closer and closer :D lovelove mmmmmm mmmmmm
the M6 is also getting closer, it was my first choice but was too far away, not anymore I guess...:cheers:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I agree Tony... I might just take a pass and see what happens on the 6 speed front.. especially if the car is THAT far away...

Actually, the whole thing is almost anti-climatic at this point...

·
Registered
476 Posts
If this is true - this is just silly...unless...

We see a six-speed offered right away lovelove

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I spoke with my rep today and according to the powers at be, maybe BMW NA or higher authority, they are the one who has set the release date of Dec 05. As far as the factory is concerned, production will not stop! So, US cars will be produced in September, however you can't get at em until the release date. Also, MSRP will be in the low-mid 80's as expected. How about we all e-mail/write/grumble to BMW NA and get them to have the official release earlier than december if the cars are already being produced?

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is more or less what we expected no?

US Orders start being built after the August break in early September. First cars take approx 3 weeks to be built, then they have to be trucked, shipped, etc.

Earliest we were going to see them was going to be mid to late Novemeber, so the Dec. 05 date really on pushes things back a couple weeks at that most anyway.

Good thing I'm #2 at my dealer!!

Yay :cheers:

warrenatc said:
Ok, I spoke with my rep today and according to the powers at be, maybe BMW NA or higher authority, they are the one who has set the release date of Dec 05. As far as the factory is concerned, production will not stop! So, US cars will be produced in September, however you can't get at em until the release date. Also, MSRP will be in the low-mid 80's as expected. How about we all e-mail/write/grumble to BMW NA and get them to have the official release earlier than december if the cars are already being produced?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
warrenatc said:
What position does "my rep" hold? If there is not clarity regarding who "the powers that be" are, we can put only so much stock in the report.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He is the military sales guy. We can obtain US spec cars at factory prices. He did not go into the details with his connection who works in the factory of the decision, just what was stated earlier.

·
Registered
764 Posts
warrenatc said:
The New Jersey Chapter of BMWCCA will be meeting at BMWNA headquarters on June 24. All are welcome, and BMW puts out a really nice spread, and for no charge! The brand managers and marketing/engineering execs from BMWNA are usually there, and try to answer most reasonable questions. cherrsagai

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Wolverine said:
I wouln't hold my breath...
I have no problem playing the waiting game. I watched 7 months slowly drag by as I waited for my '03 to be delivered. It was self inflicted though as I requested a Jan build so she would not be delivered in the dead of winter.
In the mean time I will just keep enjoying my E39 until BMW can deliver. :noSMG:

·
Registered
223 Posts
No big deal; i've waited this long already!

And i agree with the prior post - this is really what we were expecting anyway - Build dates beginning in Sept. and deliveries in late Nov. and early Dec.

No surprise here although I really want to see my car at some point. Drove by a nice TiAg 997 S today and boy did it look nice. Also played GT4 on PS for the first time today - of course i selected a new e60M5 - wow it has alot of torque.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts