BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed alot of you have your M5's coming. What's the typical prices you guys are paying. my lease on the ML500 is due in december and I am thinking about getting rid of my 996 cab and just get the M5 as the only car. but most of the dealers in So Cal is asking rediculas prices like 15k over and 25k over for the first cars. Just curious as to what you guys are doing. Which dealer should I talk to about ordering one at MSRP.??????????????????

if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
PeterC4C said:
I've noticed alot of you have your M5's coming. What's the typical prices you guys are paying. my lease on the ML500 is due in december and I am thinking about getting rid of my 996 cab and just get the M5 as the only car. but most of the dealers in So Cal is asking rediculas prices like 15k over and 25k over for the first cars. Just curious as to what you guys are doing. Which dealer should I talk to about ordering one at MSRP.??????????????????

if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
paying MSRP in suburban chicago from dealer i have bot 2 other cars from in past 4 years.gave 2500 deposit(Refundable) 6 mos ago. 81250 msrp. talk to dealers that you have relationships with. good luck crg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
My dealer ONLY charges msrp on the M5 and any other hi demand car - Macon GA - talk to Rui. Mine speced the way I want it with the Gas Guzzler tax is is 86K ish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
Here in SoCal there a few that sell at MSRP. Try Steve Thomas in Camarillo and BMW of Santa Maria. People are dropping of their waiting lists for various reasons, finances, impatience, babies! If you call Steve Thomas ask for Ryan Bosman. He's a straight shooter. Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow. thanks for so many replys so fast. I'll give the ones in Cali a try first so I don't have to deal with the shipping. but thanks to everyone for the quick reply.

Looking forward to be a full time member of this board.

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
766 Posts
MSRP...Devon Hill BMW, PA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow. thanks for so many replys so fast. I'll give the ones in Cali a try first so I don't have to deal with the shipping. but thanks to everyone for the quick reply.

Looking forward to be a full time member of this board.

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
PeterC4C said:
wow. thanks for so many replys so fast. I'll give the ones in Cali a try first so I don't have to deal with the shipping. but thanks to everyone for the quick reply.

Looking forward to be a full time member of this board.

Peter
If you buy in LA you'll pay a markup. The LA dealers seem to be the only f*****s greedy enough to mark up the car. That's why I bought in Georgia!

Celsius :typing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
MSRP - BMW North Scottsdale
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, but I don't mind driving back from Camarillo. gave Ryan Bosman at steve Thomas a call, he was'nt there today. hope he'll give me a call back tomorrow.

If that don't work, I'll give some of the other dealers a call.

the dealers in LA area are greedy as hell. I've heard everything from 15k over to 25k over.
:grrrrr::grrrrr:

Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
PeterC4C said:
yeah, but I don't mind driving back from Camarillo. gave Ryan Bosman at steve Thomas a call, he was'nt there today. hope he'll give me a call back tomorrow.

If that don't work, I'll give some of the other dealers a call.

the dealers in LA area are greedy as hell. I've heard everything from 15k over to 25k over.
:grrrrr::grrrrr:

Pete
In Santa Monica - get ready for this - 30k over.

Celsius :typing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
celsius said:
In Santa Monica - get ready for this - 30k over.

Celsius :typing:
geez... think about this... even the F430 arguably one of the hottest cars on the market right now. you can pick up for around 30-40k over.

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
PeterC4C said:
geez... think about this... even the F430 arguably one of the hottest cars on the market right now. you can pick up for around 30-40k over.

Peter
What's your point?

Celsius :typing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
lol. no point made there was there..

I guess I am just overwhelmed by this side of auto purchase which I've never deal with before. I was never in a position to buy the latest toys till last couple of years. and all this just really take me by suprise that so many people are actually willing to pay that kind of money for bragging rights for a few month.

I looked into F430 when it came out a couple of month ago and the 60-70k premium really turn me off and now I am really suprised that 90k car can get 25 to 30k over msrp

anyways, thanks for all the leads, I'll keep the board posted what happens


Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
PeterC4C said:
geez... think about this... even the F430 arguably one of the hottest cars on the market right now. you can pick up for around 30-40k over.

Peter
So you're agreeing with me. It's a rip off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
I was promised in writing MSRP by a Chicago area dealership as their #2 spot due for November delivery. Never bought a single car from this dealership but they are treating me extraordinarily well. The dealer I've purchased cars from in the past had a ridiculously long list that I couldn't get anywhere near the top of so I had to break my allegiance because I wanted an M5 ASAP.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top